Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums General KM Related Topics Live fire disarm vid?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 33 total)
  • Author
    michaelmall

Re: Live fire disarm vid?

And again I do not like the wrist grab.Feel it is more dangerous than barrel grab,seeing that it is the business
    of the gun.If I am wrong please correct me.

coda-vex

quote phlegmon27:

With all due respect, the disarm to the live side (driving your neck/shoulder onto the gunman’s wrist) looks VERY dangerous. I, for one, would be very hesitant to give the gunman the back of my neck.

Just my $.02

We’re looking at this not at full speed or with other factors in mind. Your not “giving” him your neck but you are controlling the weapon in a manner that makes it very hard for the attacker to get it out of your grasp as you are controlling his arm.

quote :

And again I do not like the wrist grab.Feel it is more dangerous than barrel grab,seeing that it is the business
    of the gun.If I am wrong please correct me.

I like it because I can actually get a good grasp of the attacker and get him off balance with what I feel is better control.

I’ve gone to KMW gun disarm seminars and learned a lot. I recently started looking at this other type of disarm and started practicing with an airsoft pistol (safety glasses and thick clothing worn), and two things I found were that I felt I had a better grip on the wrist than the barrel and when my attacker pulled back the weapon in an attempt to free it with the KMW disarm, on a couple of occasions I got a nasty cut on my palm from the front sight where my palm was wraped around it.

Grabbing the wrist, pulling off ballence and moving my body in seemed stronger over all. That’s not to say every attempt I tried with the IKI model was succesfull (That’s why we train) but I felt I had better control with it and again felt that the muzzle control was safer.

As far as you being wrong or correcting you….. we’re all looking for ways to stay safe man, the only way is to train and experiment. Grab a training gun and try for yourself, I’m only stating my preference and opinion.

michaelmall

Preferences are preferences.I was taught to get the barrel
    out of the way and simultaneously use a combative.
    In my opinion,but am not as experiences as others on this site.

bradm

frankokrav,
    I read and replied to your post on the “Welcome Forum” site before I read these posts. I did make a couple suggestions there that may help. So I won’t repeat them here. If you want to read them check out the welcome part of the forum.

I will admit that I was wrong when I posted you won’t get much positive support here because the gun disarms are CKM. The replies here have been very civil and positive.

Anonymous

does everyone agree that people who teach krav or other rbsd what ever ikmf ckm defendo etc should or should not teach their students basic gun techiniques shuch as in my vid as opposed to disarming your attacker and then sanario over

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-652qTIQ0g

kirsten

francokrav,

I believe that I answered your question under “seminars / simi valley” thread… I am not sure what your motives are, randomly posting here and there.

With all due respect, let’s cut to the chase here Franco. You seem very well intentioned, but what is with all the self-promoting video’s? Are you creating your own RBS and trying to drum up business here, or are you looking for honest feedback, or just trying to kick up dirt? You haven’t really engaged in much actual conversation about techniques while here, at least from what I can see. You are just posting your youtube video’s and you listed the following in this video description:

“hand gun pistol shooting beretta britains got tallent 2009 women’s self defence 9mm unarmed combat cqb krav maga ju jitsu fighting nut slapping “

This makes me think you are just interested in drumming up business by adding all these random “popular word” tags to the video. Not to mention you lost me at “nut slapping”. I hope you realize that this is a KMW owned and operated forum. They pay a considerable amount of money maintaining it and keeping it current. In the effort to promote training and conversation around the world, they keep it open to everyone and not just KMW licensees. If you want to promote IKMF, CKM, your own system or whatever- perhaps you should do it on their forums if you do not like the response you get here regarding your video’s. You will find many IKMF instructors and students on this forum and we all may not agree on every defense, but we talk about it. Some more directly than others, but it all gets taken with a grain of salt.

All of us try very hard to be respectful of other systems, ideals and opinions on training. I actually joined KMW based on a 5 minutes speech then KMW president John Whitman gave on their respect for other systems. But posting up video’s constantly on all the threads like you are is not going to endear you to us. I would like very much to hear your thoughts on things, not just video links to your stuff., who are you, what is your history, were you in the military or law enforcement, etc?

So please, cool the jets with the links and instead talk to us. You will find us more open and receptive to you when you do so…

admin-d45
    Keymaster

PM Sent

simon

Franco

I have a question; why is it that every single time you post it sounds like an advertisement for your videos – which incidentally don’t seem like the Krav Maga I know?

Like Kirsten said I think you should “cool your jets”

phlegmon27

+1 Kristen. Great response.

michaelmall

Ut oh Kristens mad runnn.Nah good post Kristen.It does get
    annoying.

kirsten

Funny you should say run Michael- I did throw a dinner plate, some shoes, and a wine glass at the front door… J/K. It takes a little more than a misguided attempt at dialogue to fire me up these days. I just don’t have the energy after working with Bas, Sam and Oneness all day. lol

phlegmon27

@ Coda: I want you to try something that we did a few months back at our school. Have your training partner but on headgear. You put a 16oz glove on your right hand. Perform the KMW defense with the punch your partner’s face. Continue to punch (you can hit pretty hard because of the gear) until he gives up the gun.

Sometimes when we talk about the various weapon defenses, we forget that the KMW techniques tend to add simultaneous combatives to the equation. Once you find a safe way to train them, you really see the difference that those combatives make.

I see your point about control of the wrist possibly being stronger, but I still prefer the simultaneous counters.

ryan

In my opinion, there will generally be more leverage on the weapon, not the wrist. Also, depending on the size of those involved, controlling the wrist (wrist circumference vs. hand size) may make it even more difficult to control (think about the simplicity of wrist releases.) Finally, controlling the wrist does not control the line of fire nearly as well (or effect the functionality of the firearm.)

coda-vex

quote :

@ Coda: I want you to try something that we did a few months back at our school. Have your training partner but on headgear. You put a 16oz glove on your right hand. Perform the KMW defense with the punch your partner’s face. Continue to punch (you can hit pretty hard because of the gear) until he gives up the gun.

Sometimes when we talk about the various weapon defenses, we forget that the KMW techniques tend to add simultaneous combatives to the equation. Once you find a safe way to train them, you really see the difference that those combatives make.

I see your point about control of the wrist possibly being stronger, but I still prefer the simultaneous counters.

phlegmon27 I understand what your saying and to be truthfull, I haven’t practiced a gun disarm KMW style while actually puching the opponent in the face. (Just practice to the side without actually striking the person)
    On the other hand, in the other technique the hand grabbing the gun is nealy simulatanious with the wrist grab, having two points of control. Theoretically the gun would be out in this method while the transition from strike to disarm is being made in the other.

I am far from being well versed in this so more training and evaluating is necessary on my part.

ryan

Doing a “two on one” control is good, but I would still want to counterattack ASAP, if not simultaneously (NOTE: I did not see the vid.)

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 33 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: