Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums Law Enforcement & Military Location is everything!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    realnie

:confused:
    I currently live in a place where the is no KM training available at all (we dont even have a mall for 150 miles). My fellow officers and I are all interested in training and need some advice:

Is there any way we can properly train in our own home by using videos and various other publications?

If so, what are the best resources?

We have all the neccessary training equiptment, IE: Non-Guns, Kick Pads.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
    PO3 USCG

hemibuck

Re: Location is everything!

Myself having no place to train I would say someone needs to go out of town and get some training and bring it back to you all. A few classes would give you the basics and you can build from there with books and videos. Thats just my 2 cents. Good luck!

cjs-dad
    Keymaster

Hi Coastie~

I contacted a rep from our Force Training who should come in and answer your questions shortly.

sdkraver

quote Realnie:

:confused:
    I currently live in a place where the is no KM training available at all (we dont even have a mall for 150 miles). My fellow officers and I are all interested in training and need some advice:

Is there any way we can properly train in our own home by using videos and various other publications?

If so, what are the best resources?

We have all the neccessary training equiptment, IE: Non-Guns, Kick Pads.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
    PO3 USCG

Very good question. As a student, the problem I have with relying on videos and books, is you can sometimes only miss one detail to make an otherwise powerful defense very dangerous to you.

Maybe something as simple (and common) as not moving your head out of the line of fire when doing a gun defense. I still see 5+ year students including myself, sometimes forget that detail but we are fortunate to have instructors and fellow students that know to catch that error.

It’s possible, though, if you can get enough people together, you can negotiate with an instructor to come out and do an all day or multi-day seminar. I would think instructors would jump on this, they know civvies like me love to train with instructors that also teach military. If it works out, maybe have them come out every couple of months or so for “tune-ups.”

There are several excellent instructors that post here. Stay tuned and I’m sure you’ll get some great responses.

IMO, quality instruction like this coupled with videos and books could work.

kirsten

Realnie,

I am sending you a PM message regarding this…

cjs-dad
    Keymaster

quote :

[I]SDKraver; Today at 11:37 PM. Reason: lol, said instructors already posted while I was typing 🙂

[/I]

LOL – I just hold pads well 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: