Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums Welcome Forums Looking for classes

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    magnum

I have started looking into different self defense classes and have found most of the other martial arts types is not what I am really looking for. Krav Maga may be it.

However, for those already taking it, how would it work for someone who has arthritis and back/neck pain. Docs say I am fine mainly just arthritis pain, would love to do some sparring but not interested in getting beat up just to learn:rolleyes:.

My step-son was a Black Belt in Taekwondo (sp), I would go watch them spar and practice, and was not that impressed enough to take classes. Although the instructor did build some respect and character into them, not much on the defensive nature.

I should also note I am a firearms instructor and my main goal would be to learn techniques that can buy me time/distance to either get away from the threat or bring my weapon into the fight. I know there are classes in this specific area by others, but interested in general knowledge from Krav Maga.

So far, a lot of good information on this site.

giant-killer

Re: Looking for classes

In KM you will learn how to do a gun takeaway from various positions. You can then decide whether to simply run away (if possible), draw your own gun, or maybe use the assailants weapon, although that may carry risks.

If you are a firearm instructor, perhaps you’ll qualify for law enforcement classes. They may teach you some additional weapon retention techniques there.

magnum

Re: Looking for classes

quote Giant Killer:

In KM you will learn how to do a gun takeaway from various positions. You can then decide whether to simply run away (if possible), draw your own gun, or maybe use the assailants weapon, although that may carry risks.

If you are a firearm instructor, perhaps you’ll qualify for law enforcement classes. They may teach you some additional weapon retention techniques there.

Thanks after looking over the videos around and reading more, it does seem to be something that interests me more than traditional Martial Arts, just no official training close by.

Although I am an Instructor I am not in law enforcement. But if that can get me into more advanced classes, then I would not object 🙂

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: