Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums KM Techniques & Krav Maga Books Looking for input on good DVD instruction

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    jescalito

I currently train through World Wide Krav Maga. I want to get somefeedback on a couple of dvd series from you guys, first Pure Krav Maga by Boaz Aviram. Second Krav Maga Personal Protection by Alain Cohen. I am curious how these compare to the Mastering Krav Maga, David Khan or the Ultimate Krav Maga (is this last one made by WorldWide?) As the first two I mention I had trouble finding any info on outside of amazon reviews (which were fairly positive). I assume any of these have the same cirriculum only slight variations maybe? Who has personal experience with any of the memention sets that could share some input. Does anyone know to what detail they explain the technique? Has anyone tried one of these series and found them useful or difficult to learn from?
    I want to try and make the wisest investment I can as the sets are fairly expensive, the Boaz DVD most of all.

jescalito

Re: Looking for input on good DVD instruction

Has no one any experience with the dvds I mentioned?

kmyoshi

I didn’t post anything because I don’t have any personal experience with any of the DVDs. I have heard good things regarding David Khan’s DVDs and plan on getting them in the future. If I like his DVDs, I might just collect the DVDs from different orgs/instructors to see the variations in techniques and cherry pick what works for me.

jescalito

Thanks for the reply. After watching as many clips I could of each I feel most impressed with David Khan.

I am kinda confused about Boaz Aviram, I have been reading his book and he claims to have a lot of credentials. He says he was in charge of physical training for the IDF.
    In his book he describes the mechanics of punching with maximum power. Its awful confusing. After watching some of his videos I am not really impressed with his basic striking. Does anyone know much about this guy? I feel like I may have picked up some bad info from him but I cant be too sure. Has anyone watched his basic strike video on you tube? Should I just disregard this or is there something I missed?

I just have been trying my best to get the correct info. A lot of people claim to be the pinnacle of wisdom on the subject and I just want to know I am training correctly. In class even I notice a lot seems to be left out and performed incorrect compared to what II am seeing in books and on videos.

nigelm

From what I’ve seen a lot of the KN Videos (and books) are more concerned about volume of information rather than succinct quality. At the end of the day the KM techniques that work are simple, they just need to be practiced and honed so that they are reflex / instinctive. That means practice, lot’s of practice of the basics.
    Guy Dar has done a respectable job of conveying the Krav Maga basics with his short video series which you should check out.
    There is a review here at http://www.kravmagatrainingvideos.org/. This site also has a pretty interesting ebook to download – a KM training program which is OK (a bit intensive for my taste) and also some fine combat tips (some ruthless stuff that doesn’t take prisoners). The reviewer seems to know what he’s about.

five04zog

Hi,
    I own the Ultimate Krav Maga DVD’s, Total Krav Maga DVD’s and Mastering Krav Maga (by David Kahn). I All good DVD sets. A good live class/instructor still cant be beat.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: