Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums General KM Related Topics Lower Back Pain/Fatigue

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    garddawg

G.V. is right \”weight lifting…it’s not an end-all for keeping healthy and conditioned.\” Definately not an end all. It is however an important tool. Those that ignore it will be less \”fit\” than those who don’t.

andrehoss

While lumbar backache represents one of the most common musculoskeletal complaints, lower back injuries have many different causes. Symptoms of back pain and fatigue, however, most often arise from systematic overuse of muscles. Unlike an acute muscle strain such as a lifting injury, chronic overuse that gradually becomes apparent may make diagnosis difficult. You should discover the actions behind their injuries to get the self-care and medical treatment necessary to restore health.

quote swhiteh3:

Find a good chiropractor. Muscles aches and pains are often caused by spinal mis-alignments

I can’t agree more.

I have a herniated disc at L5 and my chiro started me on hanging. No, not by the neck.. I got one of the inversion tables and hand by my ankles 10 to 15 mins a week. When I first started it was 5 mins a day for a month. This truly helped. Essentially, your putting yourself into a “body weight” traction for your back. With the inversion table you can regulate how much weight you put on the pull by how far back you tilt. These days I use gravity boots and a pull up bar so Im at 100% body weight (178 lbs).

The last inversion table I found was free on “FreeCycle.org” .. I’ve seen them on CL also.

If you go this route, make sure you read up, and talk to your chiro first because it needs to be done slowly and carefully. Jumping into inversion can cause you more issues if you over due it too fast.

jjbklb

I use an inversion table also.Take a minute to go the inverted state slowly or it can put an uncomfortable amount of pressure build in your sinuses.I wrap a towel around my ankles since your body weight will be hanging from that area.

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: