Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    kvmorl

I don’t know if any of you watch, The Ultimate Fighter on Spike. I DVR’d most of them so far. I was watching the last one, last week and they brought in some Marines to show n tell, since that’s the show’s main sponsor. They showed the fighters some weapon defenses and I was really surprised at how similar the defenses looked to Krav. Did they change MCMAP or was it always like this. I remember seeing some of their weapons defenses years ago in a live demo and they where not like this.

Here you can see a clip on Spike.com, check them out : LINK

bradm

Re: Marines and Krav

Nice post. When I was training in Krav in Marietta, Ga, my son went into the Marines. When he got back from boot camp, we compared notes. I was amazed at what the Marines taught him was so close to the Krav training I had. We had fun together – he still kicked my a$$. He said it was a new Marine Martial Art program. By the way, not trying to open another can of worms, but the gun disarm shown in the clip was a CKM technique. I enjoyed that post.

kvmorl

quote BradM:

Nice post. When I was training in Krav in Marietta, Ga, my son went into the Marines. When he got back from boot camp, we compared notes. I was amazed at what the Marines taught him was so close to the Krav training I had. We had fun together – he still kicked my a$$. He said it was a new Marine Martial Art program. By the way, not trying to open another can of worms, but the gun disarm shown in the clip was a CKM technique. I enjoyed that post.

That’s interesting and it’s another testament to Krav techniques. If any Marines out there reading this that train in Krav can maybe comment.

rick-prado

quote kvmorl:

That’s interesting and it’s another testament to Krav techniques. If any Marines out there reading this that train in Krav can maybe comment.

Sgt Major Nir Maman and David Kahn have gone over to Japan several times over the last year or so to train some of their instructors in Krav maga.Perhaps what you saw was the trickle down effect.

unstpabl1

There was a Marine who use to post here regularly while active. he was brown belt in MCMAP or better. USMC doesn’t train krav they train in their own system and it wasn’t taught be krav instructors. However in most cases a punch is a punch and the higher up you go the more you see the similarities.

MCMAP is not the old USMC LINE stuff, which is basically WWII Combatives whose roots go back to the Shangai police, a British subject. the British organized and trained the Jewish resistence against the Nazi’s. the Palmach and Haganah were taught the WWII combatives that the Allied forces used such as the OSS. This influenced Krav and hopefully MCMAP

tech94

i was thinking that the gun disarm was strikingly similar to the haganah fight disarm as well.

kvmorl

quote unstpabl1:

There was a Marine who use to post here regularly while active. he was brown belt in MCMAP or better. USMC doesn’t train krav they train in their own system and it wasn’t taught be krav instructors. However in most cases a punch is a punch and the higher up you go the more you see the similarities.

MCMAP is not the old USMC LINE stuff, which is basically WWII Combatives whose roots go back to the Shangai police, a British subject. the British organized and trained the Jewish resistence against the Nazi’s. the Palmach and Haganah were taught the WWII combatives that the Allied forces used such as the OSS. This influenced Krav and hopefully MCMAP

Check out the video in my original post. It’s not only the punch that’s looks very similar.

unstpabl1

quote kvmorl:

Check out the video in my original post. It’s not only the punch that’s looks very similar.

:Surprised: Of course I looked at the video you posted. That’s where the metaphor a punch is just a punch came from. I’ve seen simalar or the same techs in kung fu san soo, kenpo, hapkido, jujitsu, ninpo,systema,WWII combatives,etc all which probably predate krav

MCMAP was like krav not formed in a void it came from many sources. the more I looked at martial arts, the more similarities i saw. Other people may see only their system. The differences being Focus, drills and philosophies. Not the WHAT(TECHS) but the How.

MCMAP was developed by I think Col Bristol, Sgt Urso??? and I think another SGt. I may have the ranks wrong, but I’m pretty sure the names are close. I don’t have time but you can google it if you want.

there is also a great 3 part series with UFC fighters going thru some MCMAP training on a USMC base. I think it’s on the USMC youtube channel. It’s worth watching. If you can’t find it, let me know and I’ll dig it up as time permits

Hope it helps

resqr1

the pistol disarm was from…not intending to use foul language her but…Commando Krav Maga:OhMy:

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: