Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

I am taking Krav Maga classes and have severe flat feet along with lifetime long planar fasciitis in one foot.

I have to wear new balance cross trainers with carbon fiber motion control inserts or my right foot feels like it is going to fall apart and I have to walk on the edge of my foot.

This can happen at any time and for any reason, but doesn’t happen unless I am not wearing New Balance Cross Trainers or Birkenstock sandals.

The good thing is that the above mentioned shoes have stopped the pain 99.5% of the time when I am wearing them.

The bad thing is that I can no longer walk barefoot as my feet have developed a dependency on the footwear and inserts.

I have adapted to never walking barefoot. It is a small sacrifice.

Based on all of this info, does anyone have any thoughts on which shoes I might try out?

Some support is better than none of course!

Thanks!

mara-jade

Re: Martial Arts Shoes

I can’t offer too much advice on that one. While I’ve had minor planar fasciitis, it’s not as bad as yours. I’ve been able to use Dr. Schools Orthotics for Heel Pain in dress flats and still walk barefoot.

Seems like you’re concerned you can’t wear your NB to Krav?

quote mara_jade:

I can’t offer too much advice on that one. While I’ve had minor planar fasciitis, it’s not as bad as yours. I’ve been able to use Dr. Schools Orthotics for Heel Pain in dress flats and still walk barefoot.

Seems like you’re concerned you can’t wear your NB to Krav?

Interesting, yes it has been with me my whole life! The doctor says it is chronic planar fasciitis that is not likely to be cured by surgery but much better corrected by orthotics.

I would love to wear my NB on the mats, but since I am not well versed in martial arts shoes, I can’t figure out what exactly I am allowed and not allowed to wear on the mats.

I am trying to get a hold of the facility manager to assist. He explained it to me before, but I was winded.

They have some for sale at the facility, but I would like to get the best set of shoes for my buck that I can before I just buy them blindly.

Again, I think that just about anything beats going barefoot. I could go barefoot and limp home, but why…lol. :dunno:

I also want to get a set of shoes that comes as close as I can to my beloved NB Cross Trainers haha! I know it’s a tall order, but I have learned to try and think things through.

Thank you for your thoughts!

mara-jade

There aren’t any special shoes for Krav, if that’s what you’re wondering.

My center has asked for footwear that won’t leave marks on the floor is all. Only time I wear different shoes or go barefoot is for kettlebell (gives better balance). I did a google on NB cross-trainers. I don’t see why can’t wear those. Out in the street, you’ll be defending with whatever shoes you’re wearing at the time:D:

Except for work, I wear sneakers other times anyway so that’s what I train in. If you want some other footwear more comfortable, that’s up to you:wav:

quote mara_jade:

There aren’t any special shoes for Krav, if that’s what you’re wondering.

My center has asked for footwear that won’t leave marks on the floor is all. Only time I wear different shoes or go barefoot is for kettlebell (gives better balance). I did a google on NB cross-trainers. I don’t see why can’t wear those. Out in the street, you’ll be defending with whatever shoes you’re wearing at the time:D:

Except for work, I wear sneakers other times anyway so that’s what I train in. If you want some other footwear more comfortable, that’s up to you:wav:

Thanks!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: