Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 37 total)
  • Author
    cw4-ret-h

Re: Military Members

Spent 24 years on active duty with the Army. Been retired for 12 (but somehow working harder than ever). I was inolved in traditional MA as a child and while on active duty but got involved with Krav after retiring. Absolutely love it.

Hey guys,

I’m new to the site and have been doing KM for about two months. I’ve been in the military for going on nine years. Absolutely love KM, it is by far the best H2H system I’ve ever taken….looking forward to an upcoming CKM instructor course this spring. Feel free to hit me up with any questions.

Cheers,

Mac

throwinsmoke

I have been in the military for 8 years. I am one of 4 Force Training Division Instructors that operate out of Edwards AFB, CA. The instructor course is great, physically demanding and rewarding. Krav Maga Worldwide has mobile training teams that will come TDY to your base or affiliated agency to certify instructors.

mara-jade

Welcome to the forum folks!:wav:

alfakrav

Hello, I am both an Advanced military instructor (john pascal–amir perets) and level 4 civilian instructor (911kravmaga here in San Antonio). Love doing both, after 13yrs in the military my heart will always be with KM Force training. I taught in Iraq to army, AF Special Ops Pararescue and Combat controllers as well as Army Delta Medics. Funny thing is I’m a medic in the airforce (cardiology). Sometimes the wife feels Krav is my full time gig staying in the military to pay for it all (LOL)

er415g

Hello I’m Ed and I have been involved practicing and training police officers in Krav Maga since 1999. I just attended the two week POST certified instructor’s course which I enjoyed and had the privilege of meeting a bunch of very dedicated and motivated police officers and the instrcutors made the two weeks as hard as I expected but fun. I’m also a volunteer soldier with the California State Military Reserves, in the SMR I’m the NCOIC of the Combatives team, we have been trining National Guard Troops for the last four years and have brought KM in to the new Army Combatives concept. So far I’m training my team twice a week at the JFTC in Los Alamitos and have several training missions planned for the up comming year. Thanks KM for helping me train the troops before they go in harms way.

kirsten

Ed,

First welcome!

Secondly, thank YOU for YOUR dedication and hard work keeping LE and Military safe! I love hearing these stories about KM.

Don’t be a stranger here, we could use your continued support and input as a KM Force Instructor.

cjs-dad
    Keymaster

I agree Ed you need to hang out more, you did spectacular during your course. I hope you make an effort to participate more here in the forums.

And don’t forget we will also be having more CAFI instructor training days coming up as well. That’s actually where I met Don during a weap retention seminar.

walken

Hello Er415g, I ‘ve been training for two years and I see that you are a member of the Cal. State Military Reserve. I was thinking about joining but I don’t know anyone involved nor can I find enough information. I did 7 years in the Navy and was wondering how you like it. If you could hit me up at [email protected] and share some of your experiences I would appreciate it. Thank you sir.

mara-jade

Welcome Ed!

Always great to see another instructor – you can never learn too much around here thumbsup

er415g

Keep me posted on future training seminars. I am very interested not only in attending my self but bringing my team as well.

er415g

I sent you an e-mail with more information based on my experiences with the CSMR which have been very rewarding. I also sent you my e-mail address so you can respond.

nfusaf

Hello,

It looks like I am the young one out lol. I have been active duty AF for under a year now and havent even started my KM training yet. I am in NJ and actually missed the day when David Kahn came through to discuss his book. Im a maintainer for the KC10.

Even though I wont be in harms way in the traditional sense I know that there are a lot of people that do not like the military or the members who are a part of it so self defense is still a good idea.

Im glad i found these forums prior to starting classes. I should be starting next week at the latest. They are asking $139 a month for classes here but you can attend as much as you want Mon-Thur and Sats. It should be a good ride and I can see myself being interested in instructor cert. since I love teaching people new things that can benefit their lives.

misfitdelux

Ive been in the Army just under eight years and just recently discovered Krav Maga, and at the same time became very interested. I find it much more practical and easier to apply than Army combatives. Also as it was meant to be it can be learned a lot easier.

er415g

I am also in the State Military Reserves and I’m the Army combatives team leader. I have been training NG soldiers on combatives and other tactical classes for five years. I have incorporated Krav Maga into the Army Combatives program and the feed back is excellent. The new army combatives program has included ground fighting into the curriculum however I believe that submission fighting is not what the soldiers need because if a soldier goes down fighting that is a fight for their life and they need to learn how to survive that fight no one is going to top their oponent up. If you loose you die, so Krav is the perfect training for that not only the techniques but the mind set. take care my frien HOOAH!!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 37 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: