Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums General KM Related Topics MMA article in LA Times

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    anonymous

Did anyone read the two part article on MMA in the LA Times? It was good to see the sport getting that much exposure, however the story still seemed biased against it, making it appear as though it is pretty much a crazy, brutal blood sport. Still, maybe better than nothing.

Bas Rutten and his new Legends Gym were also mentioned.

unstpabl1

The Liddell-Ortiz fight got Times coverage Pre and Post fight including results of the card on Sunday. Thats Big time for the sport. The thing is its out drawing boxing. The problem IMO is that the fighters are pretty much under contract to UFC or Pride. EZ to fix in the eyes of bettors. I just really started watching mma as a friend keeps feeding me old ufc videos. Watched the Liddell Ortiz 2 fight last night, Went to Muay thai Academy today and an old friend gave me about 15 minutes of footage on Cro Cop,like a greatest hits thing. 😯 OMG 😯 Are the Pride fighters better than the Ufc guys. Ithink I like the ring better than the cage. Ufc seems to have more rules. Is that an correct assumption

anonymous
    clfmak

Re:

quote \”unstpabl1\:

The Liddell-Ortiz fight got Times coverage Pre and Post fight including results of the card on Sunday. Thats Big time for the sport. The thing is its out drawing boxing. The problem IMO is that the fighters are pretty much under contract to UFC or Pride. EZ to fix in the eyes of bettors. I just really started watching mma as a friend keeps feeding me old ufc videos. Watched the Liddell Ortiz 2 fight last night, Went to Muay thai Academy today and an old friend gave me about 15 minutes of footage on Cro Cop,like a greatest hits thing. 😯 OMG 😯 Are the Pride fighters better than the Ufc guys. Ithink I like the ring better than the cage. Ufc seems to have more rules. Is that an correct assumption

In Pride you can stomp an opponent on the ground, but in UFC you cannot. I like the ring more as well- the cage sends the wrong impression of MMA, in my opinion.

anonymous

The only problem with the ring is that the fighters could be accidently pushed over the ropes. Also, sometimes they have to reset the fight, if they get too close to the edge, which might give an advantage to the person on the bottom (he gets a short breather).

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: