Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

It appears Moni is toning down his elite special forces claims recently.

However if you want to see what he actually did claim on his site – prior to numerous revisions have a look here http://web.archive.org/web/20071112144142/www.commandokravmaga.com/html/biography.html

It is a web archive and you can look any site up from the past. Look at Moni bio just in case you are in any doubt about what he claimed.

If anyone has a UK copy of Black Belt mag with any of his elite special forces claims in it since the Advertising Standards Judgement against him please email me. I understand he may have repeated the banned ad in a recent copy ? Feb 09

Thanks Guys

haterage13

Re: Moni’s claims

I have read many posts on here and also throughout many forums. What makes me sad is so many people talk about things they have no clue about, CKM / KM and so on. It’s all a business for one thing, it’s like 6 different schools about Karate. Each teacher is going to say “Mine is better, more efficient!” I have studied Traditional Krav Maga for at least 3.5 years. I have extensive backgrounds in boxing and other martial art forms. Even when taking Traditional Krav Maga, I saw too many flaws in too many moves. I also have knife training and firearms training and there is a block in the 360 techniques that if you go against a person who has a little knowledge about knife fighting, all that person has to do is pull the knife back towards himself/herself and you would bleed out. It is all about what you like and what appeals to your own self. I am now a level 2 instructor with CKM and I have read so many people say how fake it was and how it’s “poser” style. Trust me it isn’t, even during my exam I caught myself using Traditional Kav Maga styles and at one point in gun disarming, I was shot 2 times and almost failed my test. Yet at other times in the pressure tests, Traditional Krav worked great. Traditional Krav does not really go into the psychology of weapons, how the knife never jams, never runs out of bullets, unlike a gun can get you from all sides and keeps coming.
    Yes I liked the flash and aggressiveness of Traditional Krav Maga, I would never say it was a joke, yet it does not evolve.
    Always keep an open mind and try everything in life, don’t just guess and say things to think people will say “Wow he/she’s cool” I would not care if Devine (warm regards towards losing his wife) or Moni were librarians, they both have passion and skills to teach people and to be a great person, you need to have passion for what you love in life. Bruce Lee said it best “There is not one style that is best, everyone is better at something”

devilnuts

Dishonesty betrays a character flaw that cannot be ignored, no matter how good the system may be.

If one will cut corners to promote the system, what other shortcuts were taken?

simon

quote haterage13:

[/FONT][/COLOR] Each teacher is going to say “Mine is better, more efficient!”:::SNIP:::, they both have passion and skills [COLOR=#444444][FONT=Verdana]

Are you kidding me?

This topic is so beat to death, no one is saying anything anywhere about his techniques, because honestly no one cares.

It the fact that he has been proven – IN COURT – to be LYING about who HE is.

Football is just a game but if I went around telling everyone I taught Bear Bryant everything he knows about coaching someone’s going to toss down a flag and put together the truth. – that I really only saw him once from the cheap seats when I was 11. But damn am I passionate about football -Roll Tide!!!!

The moral to the story is you can’t take an armchair quarterback and make him a legendary coach no matter what his claims or how passionate his is about the game.

And at the end of the day, Moni is a poser – and that is a legal fact.

jl

Haterage
    Do your freakin’ homework before amking an ass of yourself. No one said he doesn’t have some skills. But in the end it IS NOT KRAV MAGA of any kind. Some of us were there at the beginning. Enough about this guy, he has threee judgements going RIGHT FREAKIN’ NOW in three different country’s. So spare us on what you think you know! Go back and read for yourself what your illustrious leader has done to you and your marketing abilities!
    This is so over done….

kirsten

quote haterage13:

Trust me it isn’t, even during my exam I caught myself using Traditional Kav Maga styles and at one point in gun disarming, I was shot 2 times and almost failed my test.

Sounds like you need more training…

quote haterage13:

Yes I liked the flash and aggressiveness of Traditional Krav Maga, I would never say it was a joke, yet it does not evolve.

Where did you train? Because Krav Maga is designed to evolve and does. If your instructor did not do this, call and ask for your money back.

quote haterage13:

Always keep an open mind and try everything in life, don’t just guess and say things to think people will say “Wow he/she’s cool” I would not care if Devine (warm regards towards losing his wife) or Moni were librarians, they both have passion and skills to teach people and to be a great person, you need to have passion for what you love in life.

I do care. Moni is a fake, a fraud, a liar, and a snakeoil salesman. As an instructor in ANY system, that is disgusting. We are supposed to be above that, stand for integrity and honor. I would prefer he be a librarian, because what he is doing is a sham and makes all school owners look bad.

And FYI, as I am sure you already know- since you have extensive Krav Maga training and all, his name is actually Darren.

farhan

quote Kirsten:

And FYI, as I am sure you already know- since you have extensive Krav Maga training and all, his name is actually Darren.

rofl2 WHAAAMMM!

quote haterage13:

Traditional Krav does not really go into the psychology of weapons, how the knife never jams, never runs out of bullets, unlike a gun can get you from all sides and keeps coming.

Sounds like poor instruction. As a “traditional Krav” instructor, I address the fact that the knife is always “live” every time I teach it. So does every other “traditional Krav” Instructor that I’ve worked knife with. Quote courtesy CJ’s Dad.

cjs-dad
    Keymaster

KMW is constantly evolving its curriculum and working with experts from all over. Thatís why theres a technique committee to discuss and refine material and applying the principles as were intended by its founder. Can a smaller person do this or is it based on strength, is it a learned technique or instinctual, do I have to be a super athlete or can an average guy do this?

So when we see a technique such as hypothetically redirecting the line of fire by making the muzzle trajectory cross your body we can shake our heads and wonder why someone calls it Krav Maga.

Iím not sure where you trained or by whom but let me just say Iíve never seen one of our high level instructors who have done the expert series NOT go into the psychology of the weapon.

Darren in fact stressís it on infinitum.

Terms like ìaddress the immediate dangerî (you know the line of fire / angle of trajectory) and as Jeremy pointed out I’m fond of saying ìthe knife is always liveî (that means it WILL cut you if you don’t respect it) are BASIC statements ingrained in our lectures before a student ever handles a weapon or learns any defense. Its unfortunate if for some reason these things were not explained to you at some point during your training.

Maybe I do not understand your comments but its pretty much standard operational procedure where I train.

tank-sinatra

If the guy has any techniques I like, I’ll take ’em, regardless of what they’re called. As for the rest of it, I don’t care if his only military experience is being a member of the Kiss Army.

sdkraver

quote DevilNuts:

Dishonesty betrays a character flaw that cannot be ignored, no matter how good the system may be.

If one will cut corners to promote the system, what other shortcuts were taken?

Well put. If an instructor does not have personal integrity, then everything he or she teaches is counterfeit.

t-j

quote :

This topic is so beat to death, no one is saying anything anywhere about his techniques, because honestly no one cares.

I agree…

clfmak

quote haterage13:

[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]I also have knife training and firearms training and there is a block in the 360 techniques that if you go against a person who has a little knowledge about knife fighting, all that person has to do is pull the knife back towards himself/herself and you would bleed out.

With a knowledge of knife fighting you can pull back and cut the arm after ANY block in the 360 defense- that you said just one block in the 360 is telling. In fact, that’s a drill I practice- going through the angles of attack with a knife, and when my partner blocks I cut their arm. With this drill in mind, we also do the same one but the person retracts their block before it can be cut. It’s a balancing act between hitting with enough force to repel the attack and pulling your arm away right after contact- some people pull away too fast and the block isn’t solid enough. Anyway, my point is that just because something can be countered doesn’t make it a bad technique; it may mean it was done at the wrong moment in time. A roundhouse kick can be countered with a well timed front kick to the groin- does that make the round kick invalid? Of course not. To me, the 360 as a knife defense is most useful when I have a weapon in my other hand and I want to block and counter simultaneously, or as an instinctive defense when someone surprises me with a potentially armed attack. If I see that there’s a knife attack coming, I would prefer to try to control the arm with a 2 on 1, like in the STAB program.
    I’d like to point out that I’m not from the krav maga community, and I don’t have a horse in this race.

tank-sinatra

Can we at least agree that Van Damme’s system has the best dance moves?

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: