Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author

Re: Mouthguards

quote Giant Killer:

Or just get a new set of teeth, each time the old ones have been punched out.

No thanks, I’ve already lost most of my hair, I don’t want to lose my teeth too. 🙂

quote downforlife76:

There are a few other companies who do custom mouth guards that aren’t as expensive. I’m probably going to get one here pretty soon. From what I heard they fit much better and allow you to breathe easier.

I have the Shock Doctor right now (forgot which model). It’s been working very well for me. I highly recomend their products!

J-

I’d be interested to know which model it is you have. I’m undecided on whether to get the double guard (covers both top and bottom teeth) or just the single (top teeth).

quote HazardousSmoker:

I’d be interested to know which model it is you have. I’m undecided on whether to get the double guard (covers both top and bottom teeth) or just the single (top teeth).

I just have the single. works fine if you’re not doing 100% power and speed (which you wont).

J-

bradm

I have both the single and double. The single being the kind you heat in hot water and conform it to your teeth. The double I have is a shock doctor which gives you much more protection, especially against knock outs. I found the single one to be a lot more comfortable and is easy to put in or take out of your mouth while wearing boxing gloves. But, is allows you to open your mouth more, especially if tired gasping for air. Sometimes you may end up biting your tongue a little.

The shock doctor is great because it protects both upper and lower teeth better and keeps you tongue a lot safer. It has a hole in the front which serves as an air passage to help breathing. Bad thing I found is when you are sparring if sylvia build up in your mouth and then you start breathing hard, the sylvia will sometimes blow out of the hole and onto your opponent (sometime anyway). Also, it can be hard to put it in your mouth or take it out if wearing boxing gloves. (If I got a short rest break between sparring rounds, I would take my mouth piece out ot help me catch my breath better.)

For light sparring and for practicing self defense, I would use the single mouth piece. For heavy sparring, go with the double mouth piece. My 2cents anyway.

Thanks for the response everyone. For right now looks like I will go with the single Shock Doctor . Got a coupon for Dicks Sporting Goods for $10 off so I will use that this week.

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: