Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums Student Lounge My diet for the next 3 months

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

Intend to lose 15 lbs in the next 3 months, doing KM 2 nights a week and doing a 20-30 min similar workout 2 or 3 other days per week. I intend to eat 2 banana, 5 date with soy protein drink first thing in the morning. Perhaps another without the protein during the day, a green drink, a fresh salad with Romaine, carrot, tomato, sunflower seeds, cucumber, green pepper. Then after 4 pm rice and beans and maybe rice and beans again around 7, with a D3 and fish oil 3,6,9 and krill oil supplement thrown in. Shooting for about 2000 calories per day. Cup and half of coffee during the day. No alcohol. We’ll see how this goes.

Anyone else have a special way of eating?

(The boys over at Aikido, after class, would head to Pizza Hut for large pizzas and beer :D: )

krav-math

Re: My diet for the next 3 months

quote DavyCrippleCreek:

(The boys over at Aikido, after class, would head to Pizza Hut for large pizzas and beer :D: )

Hahaha, sure-fire way not to lose weight:)

For me, just doing Krav four times a week while severely limiting alcohol, fried foods, and sweets was enough to drop 25+ pounds in 3 months or so.

I found it too difficult to maintain a completely revamped diet. So instead I focused on making small changes, letting my body adapt and integrate those changes a slowly. It takes time . . . but the changes I’ve made have stuck.

And I know for me that 2000 calories a day with limited protein wouldn’t cut it. My energy would be too low to workout to my fullest potential. You know your body and what it needs, so just listen to it while cutting out the things that are impeding your progress (think those unnecessary extras: mayo, sodas, chips, etc).

Best wishes!

cjs-dad
    Keymaster

quote Krav Math:

And I know for me that 2000 calories a day with limited protein wouldn’t cut it. My energy would be too low to workout to my fullest potential. You know your body and what it needs, so just listen to it while cutting out the things that are impeding your progress (think those unnecessary extras: mayo, sodas, chips, etc).

Best wishes!

I’m no nutrition expert but you might want to think about supplements and some type of protein shake too.

krav-math

quote CJs Dad:

I’m no nutrition expert but you might want to think about supplements and some type of protein shake too.

Agreed, I’m not 100% sure what my caloric intake is but I know it is more than 2000 calories a day. I just couldn’t see doing Krav on such a low calorie count for my size and energy needs.

Since you are in on this thread, would you mind sharing what you take post workout (if anything), CJ’s Dad? I’m finding my soreness level to be higher than what I think it should be, but maybe that is just what my youthful thinking mind wants me to believe:):

cjs-dad
    Keymaster

quote Krav Math:

Since you are in on this thread, would you mind sharing what you take post workout (if anything), CJ’s Dad? I’m finding my soreness level to be higher than what I think it should be, but maybe that is just what my youthful thinking mind wants me to believe:):

I honestly don’t take anything. I hydrate and smoke a cigar LOL

magpie

I lost about 10 lbs. in a couple of months’ time after switching to a fat-free vegan diet in the wake of my heart attack in January of 2013. My protein comes from beans and greens, also tofu, tempeh and various other soy products.

And yes, I’m able to keep up quite well in KM classes. Although I do miss a REAL bacon cheeseburger from time to time…*sigh*

krav-math

quote CJs Dad:

I honestly don’t take anything. I hydrate and smoke a cigar LOL

Hahahaha, nice. I’m keeping pretty well hydrated, but I’m still sore.

I did start using a BCAA two days ago – worth the try ($20). I’ll report back if it makes a difference or not.

Thank you

tech94

Well, the 2 servings of rice are coming towards the end of the day. They’re quick carbs and will surely not help you lose weight. They will spike your blood sugar and make you rebound hungry. Have these carbs earlier in the day when you’re more likely to burn them off, or just before Krav Maga class. Soy protein mimics estrogen in the body and can also be detrimental to weightloss and inc cancer risks. Whey protein, though dairy based, is best source.

cjs-dad
    Keymaster

quote tech94:

Whey protein, though dairy based, is best source.

I have a lot of students including my significant other who can’t drink whey product based drinks. It really messes up their system.

That might be something to watch out for if you end up having digestive issues.

unstpabl1

There is a
    good inexpensive plant based protein called Plant Fusion that might help the op…soy bad lol …Plant fusion had a complete protein profile when i checked it out…no cheap modified soy either…and though not great tasting palatable and waaaaay better tasting than Sun Warrior at like half the price..i paid under 25 bucks for about 2 lbs

krav-math

quote Krav Math:

Hahahaha, nice. I’m keeping pretty well hydrated, but I’m still sore.

I did start using a BCAA two days ago – worth the try ($20). I’ll report back if it makes a difference or not.

Thank you

Just to update everyone, taking BCAAs has greatly diminished the soreness level for me and my wife. I have used a couple of different brands with similar/good results.

I lost about 10 lbs. in a couple of months’ time after switching to a fat-free vegan diet in the wake of my heart attack in January of 2013.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: