Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 46 total)
  • Author
    rq

Well I decided to take note of what I was eating yesterday and never really paid attention or realized that my diet sucks till I saw it written down!

7am
    3 eggs
    3 strips bacon
    2 pieces of sourdough
    2 glasses of Naked Juice

10am
    1 Snickers

11am
    2 Granola bars

2pm
    Chicken breast sandwich
    Multigrain bread with mayonnaise
    ? an avocado
    ? a tomato

5pm
    4 granola bars

9pm
    3 drumsticks and 3 thighs from El Pollo Loco
    ? an avocado

1am
    Microwave pizza and a corndog

Also drank 4 24oz bottles of water throughout the day, don’t drink soda unless it comes with the combo meal :rolleyes:

giant-killer

Four granola bars in a row? I’d be sick all day… 🙁 🙂

craig-p

Just replace that 1 am pizza & corndog with a 5th meal from Taco Bell and your good to go

mara-jade

Hey RQ!

Don’t feel bad. I’m right there too. I’ve changed some of my habits since I started KM. I used to drink a whole 12 pack of soda a week by myself. Got rid of that quick. I do my best to only eat out on weekends. During the week don’t be a lazy a$$ and make my dinner. If I eat nuked stuff, have some sense of nutrition to it.

Latey, I’ve found chewing each bite at least 15-20 times has helped me from eating more than I should.

As for after workouts, Myoplex Lite :). Other than that, I’m no nutrition guru by any means;)

maskedkat

Damn! You don’t get much sleep, either.
    Seriously, you might want to consider substituting some fresh fruit for at least a few of the granola bars. Those things tend to be loaded with sugar and fat.

jjk

Re: My diet sucks

You sir, are a MAN

garddawg

Ya’ll are just messing with me.

vwr32

quote garddawg:

Ya’ll are just messing with me.

rofl

paragon

Nice avatar, RQ. You packin’? :).

vwr32

quote RQ:

Well I decided to take note of what I was eating yesterday and never really paid attention or realized that my diet sucks till I saw it written down!

Out of boredom, and morbid curiosity, I decided to try to plug in those foods to a FitDay calculator and see what it came up with. I had to guess on some things, but tried to keep those guesses on the low end of a serving size. For example, 2 glasses of naked juice is vague, I went with two servings (16oz). One microwave pizza I used the smaller 9″ pepperoni rather than the 12″ variety etc. Anyway, here’s the results according to them:

Total calories: 5558
    Fat: 277g (fat calories 2489)
    Saturated: 75g (679 cal)
    Poly: 67g (599 cal)
    Mono 104g (940 cal)
    Carbs: 494g (1884 cal)
    Fiber: 23g
    Protein: 273g (1091 cal)

I’ve had days like that lol. 😎

kmcat

I recently read a very interesting book “Good Calories, Bad Calories” by Gary Taubes.

quote :

From Publishers Weekly
    Taubes’s eye-opening challenge to widely accepted ideas on nutrition and weight loss is as provocative as was his 2001 NewYork Times Magazine article, What if It’s All a Big Fat Lie? Taubes (Bad Science), a writer for Science magazine, begins by showing how public health data has been misinterpreted to mark dietary fat and cholesterol as the primary causes of coronary heart disease. Deeper examination, he says, shows that heart disease and other diseases of civilization appear to result from increased consumption of refined carbohydrates: sugar, white flour and white rice. …

Just before I read this book I had been trying to modify my diet to eat less carbohydrates in favor of more protien. I had actually been loosing weight like I had never lost it before and my diet changes were quite modest.

Following on the heals of that actual result reading this book was quite an eye opener.

j-r-cook

I am like a Labrador Retriever. Given the chance, I would eat myself to death. The Warrior Diet by Ori Hofmeckler has helped me fine tune my genetic drive to eat every meal like it was my last. Ori’s basic method is eat light during the day(hunting) and feast at night. The diet has served me well. I can’t eat a burger and fries for lunch and teach kettlebells then Krav back to back from 5:30-7:30PM; I’d puke. Warrior Diet-Check it out.

jjk

J.R., what is the reasoning behind eating light during the day and feasting at night? Most things I’ve read say that your metabolism is less active at night, so it’s better to taper your meals so that they are smaller towards the end of the day. This is what most body builders do.

j-r-cook

JJK,
    You have to read the book to get the full answer. Essentially the diet is based on the premise that we as humans peaked in our dietary evolution about 100,000 years ago. Ori Hofmekler’s stance is that ancient warriors ate light during the day to stay sharp. The main meal is eaten at the end of the day when it’s time to relax. It is about retraining the way your body metabolizes food. I just wanted to suggest it, it may not work for everyone. It is controversial there is no doubt. One main premise is that controlled undereating sparks a primal instinct to survive, think Tom Hanks in Castaway.
    The great thing about the diet is its flexibility and freedom. You can get the book at dragondoor.com.

Jamie

skaldgrimnir

J.R. I am actually going to start the Warrior Diet soon. I was told a revision of his book was due to be released in December. Do you also try his CFT as well as the Kettlebells and Krav Maga?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 46 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: