Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 46 total)
  • Author
    veganmark

Re: My diet sucks

Yes, it does suck. That diet is simply telling your body to have a heart attack or stroke. In fact, without starting an argument, Cholesterol is God’s answer to eating his children. The body makes all the cholesterol it needs in the liver but most people eat so many animal products that it suppresses the liver’s ability to create cholesterol. I’m not saying you should go vegan. That’s a choice you have to make of your own free will. However, a balanced omnivore diet that includes lots of fresh fruit, fresh raw vegetables, and grains will help you a lot in the long run. It will also lower your cholesterol and your body will be happy for it. As for the warrior diet, I don’t like it. I think there are a lot of problems with it but that’s a topic for another day.

vwr32

quote veganmark:

In fact, without starting an argument, Cholesterol is God’s answer to eating his children.

I guess cannibals really threw a wrench in that punishment. Biblically speaking, i dont think animals are considered “God’s children”. If cholesterol is gods answer to “unbalanced” omnivores, pesticides and ecoli is gods answer to vegetarians. We should probably let god handle the judgements and not assign meaning to health issues for the sake of promoting our own moral agenda.

My .02

garddawg

vwr32,
    Be careful. We are in danger of agreeing.

vwr32

quote garddawg:

vwr32,
    Be careful. We are in danger of agreeing.

My “vwr32 is always right” campaign is finally paying off…

garddawg

No I think it’s my obstinacy finally getting the upper hand.

vwr32

quote garddawg:

No I think it’s my obstinacy finally getting the upper hand.

Wow… It’s working better than i expected! rofl2

rq

hahaha. can’t help but laugh.

Anyways, preach away if you want to, my brother is a vegan, tries to push that crap on me whenever he gets a chance. Mom and dad used to be as well but they stopped.

I’m trying to add in more fruits and veggies, but touch my meat and I kill you chair

We’ll see how it goes, today not eating much, polished off about 600ml’s of Jack yesterday. Been drinking plenty of water though 🙂

unstpabl1

quote vwr32:

I guess cannibals really threw a wrench in that punishment.
    My .02

LMAO Agreeing with V. Gardawg now you see why I’m hiding. Good line though V 🙂

rq

I took out the bacon yesterday and today! hahaha

3 eggs
    banana
    2 glasses of naked juice (green machine and blueberry pomegranate )

some melon
    1 granola bar

15 slices of honey smoked turkey (samm’ich meat, no samm’ich)
    garlic sauce

1 apple
    1 granola bar

1 granola bar

beef stew
    chicken dumpling thingies

Darn Cheetos!!
    Mixed nuts
    Strawberry banana juice

3 eggs
    mashed potatoes
    2 glasses naked juice

banana
    some melons

salmon
    rice
    lettuce (not iceburg, some weird really green stuff, wasn’t bad)

1 granola bar

1 granola bar

ano right now 2100
    stirfry

and for my midnight/post midnight snack … haven’t decided yet … it’s always on the fly.

That is all … my diet still sucks, I’ll get it adjusted slowly though I hope.

vwr32

do u get a good deal on granola bars or something?

kmcat

It is the carbohydrate that is weighing you down. I’ve become a true beliver in
    the protein diet. Carbohydrates sparingly is ok, but it is the Carbos that make
    you fat.

Contrary to conventional wisdom “a calorie is a calorie” is false. There are
    complex interactions between your body’s hormones and the type of calorie ingested
    that make this not as simple.

Carbohydrates make you hungry and make you want to eat more. You’ve heard that
    “old saw” about “eat Chinese food and you be hungry a half an hour later”. It
    is the rice that does that. Try eating Chinese food and skip the rice entirely.

Read “Good Calories, Bad Calories” by Gary Taubes.

Your diet
    ——————————————————————–

Protein:

quote :

3 eggs
    3 eggs
    15 slices of honey smoked turkey (samm’ich meat, no samm’ich)
    beef stew
    Mixed nuts
    salmon
    stirfry

Relatively Carb Neutral:

quote :

lettuce (not iceburg, some weird really green stuff, wasn’t bad)
    some melons
    some melon
    garlic sauce
    1 apple

Carbohydrate:

quote :

banana
    2 glasses of naked juice (green machine and blueberry pomegranate )
    1 granola bar
    1 granola bar
    1 granola bar
    chicken dumpling thingies
    Darn Cheetos!!
    Strawberry banana juice
    mashed potatoes
    2 glasses naked juice
    banana
    rice
    1 granola bar
    1 granola bar
    rq

Howser – I thought just seeing it writen down was bad enough – never thought about breaking it down into catagories like that, makes it look 10x’s worse!

Ok, guess I will really be trying to change my diet now.

For the granola bars, I do get a good deal on them, at costco. hah – all kidding aside the reason why I eat the granola’s is just because it’s easy as heck for me to just lug a bunch of them around with me and eat them when I get a little hungry or need energy real quick, just quick and simple, but quick and simple foods aren’t always good for us. I would use protein bars like I used to when I was bodybuilding, but since I’m not lifting weights I just think that they are a waste for me to eat right now.

maskedkat

I’ve started keeping individually-wrapped, low-fat 1.5-oz cheese thingies in the fridge at work. I also keep almonds and dried berries (I love this blueberry/cherry/cranberry blend) and low-fat Triscuit crackers at work. Great when I’m craving something crunchy, but the little hit of protein goes a long way!

rq

Yeah I’ve got to figure something that I can take on the go with me, I’m always in the field and hardly at my office, and need a something that can tie me over especially in between classes that isn’t too heavy.

Any suggestions? 😀

garddawg

Here is an interview with Gary Taubes.

http://www.cbc.ca/quirks/media/2007-2008/mp3/qq-2007-11-17_01.mp3

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 46 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: