Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums KM Techniques & Krav Maga Books New Book – First Impressions

Viewing 13 posts - 46 through 58 (of 58 total)
  • Author
    cjs-dad
    Keymaster

Re:

quote \”mara_jade\:

Well, I did my first look through of the book. I really like the way it’s put together. I was hoping though for more of the knife defenses where the knife is right under your neck or at either side but hey, that would be great for a sequel!

You could always ask the question here in the new tech forum section that way one of the senior members like John or GD/GK could answer.

I’ve actually asked the same exact question after class

Side note: 8 hours of phase today.. I think I may die while typing this.

mara-jade

Hey CJ – I figured it was stuff that got left out..They packed ALOT into that book as it is. I think I need to learn my level 3 before I go asking about all the weapon defenses :D. That’s a whole lot to digest.

8 hours PHASE?? Dang, don’t die yet.. Y’all that go through all that stuff..wow… 🙂

cjs-dad
    Keymaster

8 yesterday, 8 today, one 20min lunch break. I donít think Theres a part of me thatís not bruised and purple. I can barely walk. I pulled into my driveway and sat in the car for 15-20 mins before I could bring myself to go in the house.

I will say when I had to do my mock teaching the FIRST thing I grabbed was the book to review.

giant-killer

Poor baby, sounds like your suffering! 8) Did you get to train with John again? Well, one more week or so and it will be over, right?

cjs-dad
    Keymaster

We get the privilege of learning from John on Thursday. Yesterday was the energizer bunny I mean Jarret for the first 4 hours then Kevin walked in and we worked with him for the next 4.

Good stuff!

giant-killer

Damn, you’re getting the best of the best. I’m jealous. Of course I’m saying this now while I’m sitting on the couch. 🙂

unstpabl1

Re:

quote \”Giant Killer\:

Damn, you’re getting the best of the best. I’m jealous. Of course I’m saying this now while I’m sitting on the couch. 🙂

After class today, I’m thinking I should’ve stayed on the couch as well

Sean the rest of the weeks a breeze. Resting up for the weekend 😀

bull1189

I’ve been through the book twice now and really like it. I went through it once to see what is new for the KM2U seminar (awesome idea – really glad KMWW is doing that!) and then again looking to tweak my techniques.

I particularly like the way the techniques are broken down – with the emphasis being on the pure basic movements of each one. I’ve found that as I continue my training and a technique gets \”slotted away\” as I’m going forward either I’ve added something to it or someone teaching it has added something (e.g. hammer fist here, palm heel there) and the focus starts to shift to the addition rather than the basic technique. The book does a great job of keeping/reminding you of the correct and important steps to each technique.

This has helped me out personally and also helped me re-focus my teaching. Great book!

That, and, I first noticed they were doing all this stuff on hardwood floors when I looked at John Whitman’s high fall-break. 😯
    Mike

giant-killer

What’s the KM2U seminar?

bull1189

I guess the best way to describe it is continuting eduction for instructors – a one day deal where somone for KMWW comes to a training center in the region and we get updates on techniques and train. There are no better instructors than the ones at KMWW and it is great to get that level of instruction in the region.

Of course, I twisted my ankle and have a slight limp now, but hey, goes with the territory I guess. 😀

cjs-dad
    Keymaster

>I think< KM2U = Krav Maga comes to you

As I understand it its a continued transfer of updated knowledge for licenseeís Since KMWW is constantly evolving the material itís a way to make sure everyone is still on the same page without having to make them visit the NTC regularly.

I could be wrong 🙂

giant-killer

Sounds good. 🙂

I have been to a few KM schools over the past year and the book that just came out (got three copies, one for me, and two for some friends) has a slightly different curriculum then what I am used to seeing in the classes I have attended. Some of the techniques have been moved and there appears to be a couple of new techniques (good ones too). Does the book curriculum reflect a new school curriculum?

Thanks,

Dan

\”When you are old enough, you will understand.\”

Viewing 13 posts - 46 through 58 (of 58 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: