Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

I have been to a few KM schools over the past few years (due to work) and the book that just came out (got three copies, one for me, and two for some friends) has a slightly different curriculum then what I am used to seeing in the classes I have attended. Some of the techniques have been moved and there appears to be a couple of new techniques (good ones too). Does the book curriculum reflect a new school curriculum?

Thanks,

Dan (51 and still fighting)

PS: The book is excellent. There are very few martail arts books that are actually worth buying, this is one of them.

\”When you are old enough, you will understand.\”

cjs-dad
    Keymaster

I think JW or GK might be able to speak to this a little better then I but I can share with you that the original student handbook I got is pretty close to the format of the book. Admittedly I didnít compare it technique for technique but for the most part it seems dead on with the curriculum Iím familiar with.

ryan

Over the past few years, there have been a few minor additions, subtractions, and/or changes, but they are definitely few and far between, and most are at intermediate and high levels (increased emphasis on some groundfighting applications, for example.)

giant-killer

One big change that was made a few years ago was that another level was added. We used to have LV1-4, now it’s LV1-5. However, that doesn’t necessarily affect what you need to know for each belt.

I know ground fighting has been added. I also thought that there were at least some simple gun, maybe knife defenses in green belt. In the book it looks like knife, gun and stick don’t really start ’til blue.

But it’s been years that I’ve taken any of those tests, I’m not really sure what they are doing now.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: