Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums General KM Related Topics New Fight Science Self Defense

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 44 total)
  • Author
    cjs-dad
    Keymaster

Re: New Fight Science Self Defense

1st, Amir is not a member of the forums nor have I ever seen him post.

2nd I doubt more then a handful of people who have posted here have even met Amir

3rd By asking a question you already know the answer to can only mean you asked it in an attempt to stir controversy which implies malicious intent to discredit the man.

4th Good bye

markcox100

menashe this is not a place for your personal attack on a trusted friend and instructor. I know Amir personally and as a man treats everyone with respect and care. This is not the place for your weak minded attack on him. TAKE UP YOUR PERSONAL ISSUES WITH HIM ONE ON ONE. You will not find any support here for your cause. Back off.

Shalom Menashe, Maybe you mis-understood Amir then you need to watch the Fight Sciene t.v. show again, since speaking Hebrew and English are two totally different things.

Maybe they have the Fight Sciene t.v. show spoken in Hebrew, over there in Israel. I can understand why there would be a language gap. I am not saying or accusing you of anything in fact, I prefer to stay neutral and not get involved in the politics of Krav Maga.

unstpabl1

quote menashe:

shalom, i am current serving officer in shayetet13, the israel navy seal comando units. i see the tv show with amir perets, and have 1 question maybe amir can come to answer….how is it he is represent himself as israeli commando and member of the navy seals when he did not even finish basic training for any combat unit? thank you amir to answer.

don’t kmow Amir, but he regularly trains with Bas. So either way he’ he’s getting props from elite fighters

Mensche, glad your actively serving your country in an elite commando unit in New York. I’m kinda of concerned your operating on US soil

psyops

quote Admin:

Maybe you missed the ìrelaxî part

Is this a joke? You are kidding right? Relax? Me? Relax? I am cooler than the other side of the pillow. I was laughing when I posted my response. I am not at all upset. In fact I am curious as to the real purpose of Menashe’s post. No malice on my part. I too have met Amir and he was very helpful when I struggled with some techniques. He is humble and I consider him to be a top notch instructor. So perhaps I am biased. I won’t apologize for that. If Menashe is concerned with the “true accomplishments” of Israeli soldiers perhaps I could assist him by pointing him in the direction of Mr. Moni Aizik. I am sure that might yield more results than inquiring about Amir.

mara-jade

quote T.J.:

Looks like Amir Perets will be representing Krav Maga again on the newest episode of National Geographic’s Fight Science show. This episode is titled “Defense Science: Fighting Back” and will cover self defense moves.

Here is the preview link:
    http://channel.nationalgeographic.com/channel/fightscience/videos_3.html

Bas Rutten will be featured as well. Looks pretty good from the preview. Fight Science always puts together a quality program, so I am looking forward to this one.

Here is another link with the preview of Amir getting drunk and picking a fight with Bas. Classic.

http://channel.nationalgeographic.com/channel/fightscience/videos_6.html

Not sure when it airs. Anyone know?

Thanks for posting the links T.J. I hope Amir gets to do some defending when the episode come outthumbsup. Wish they’d post times on this one already.

I too am curious on when they will air this episode.

Since the last Fight Quest aired last week there is a void of good programs on TV.

Hope to see it soon.

quote unstpabl1:

don’t kmow Amir, but he regularly trains with Bas. So either way he’ he’s getting props from elite fighters

Mensche, glad your actively serving your country in an elite commando unit in New York. I’m kinda of concerned your operating on US soil

Maybe he’s helping to investigate the ammo can bomb in Times Square……:rolleyes:

satilan

You guys, Amir Perets, although a very respectable KM trainer was NOT a warrior of Shayetet 13!!! He only taught them KM.

They used to nickname him “Spirit” for his fighting motivation.
    This is confirmed by 3 different sources that were in fact in the unit and that my ship performed special operation with.

Still, being a KM instructor at S13 is VERY honorable but it does not make you a commando.

unstpabl1

quote Satilan:

You guys, Amir Perets, although a very respectable KM trainer was NOT a warrior of Shayetet 13!!! He only taught them KM.

They used to nickname him “Spirit” for his fighting motivation.
    This is confirmed by 3 different sources that were in fact in the unit and that my ship performed special operation with.

Still, being a KM instructor at S13 is VERY honorable but it does not make you a commando.

Its not about the if or even the facts, its about the why. Why a “first time poster” claiming current active duty status for S13, while listing his location in New York would post the info. :rolleyes:Especialy on a thread that was simply spreading the word about a krav on tv sighting. And the fact that NY is the location of a different federation which bashes kmaa regularly.

Take a sniff. Smells funny, like a troll

I don’t know what the claims are, but I’d always heard the same story as your post. the real question is he a capable instructor

ryan

Satilan, I’m with Mike on this. I don’t see where anyone is talking about his status in S13, and I don’t see on his bio where he mentions anything about being anything other than an instructor of the unit, charged with developing the fitness and H2H for the unit.

satilan

quote Ryan:

Satilan, I’m with Mike on this. I don’t see where anyone is talking about his status in S13, and I don’t see on his bio where he mentions anything about being anything other than an instructor of the unit, charged with developing the fitness and H2H for the unit.

Yes, that is what I’m saying.
    Let me put it together in a very simple manner:
    1. Mr. Perets is a very talented instructor and skilled individual. Just to teach KM at Shayetet 13 means he is an extremely capable Krav Maga trainer.
    2. Teaching KM to S13 does not make one a commando. A S13 commando goes through about 3 years of intense training in many aspects of which I either don’t know enough or will not say anyways. KM is one of these aspects. Being a small unit, S13 trains its own people in KM at the unit. This is where skilled instructors, such as Mr. Perets come into play… they belong to Shayetet 13 but do not participate in operations themselves since they lack the commando training.
    3. My information is from 3 separate persons that served in Shayetet 13, and this does not include the guy that posted here. Two of these people I know personally, one from before the military and one from the service. The third person is an Ex-Shayetet 13 commando that works with my best friends in Washington D.C. Thay all said the same about Mr. Perets.

ryan

Satilan, again, I understand everything you are saying, I’m just not sure why you are saying it. Amir’s bio on his site clearly states that he was a KM instructor and never says he was a commando or discusses operational status.

satilan

quote Ryan:

Satilan, again, I understand everything you are saying, I’m just not sure why you are saying it. Amir’s bio on his site clearly states that he was a KM instructor and never says he was a commando or discusses operational status.

Oh,
    Because they refer to him as a Shayetet 13 commando on fight science.

ryan

Oh, well, as someone who has dealt with the media a few times, rarely does the subject have much say in the presentation or final product. “Israeli Commando” is a much better lead in than “Krav Maga instructor”.

Amir didn’t make the claim, so menashe is blaming him for something NatGeo did…I don’t get the point.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 44 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: