Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums General KM Related Topics New "game" teenagers playing

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    tech94

Not sure if this has gone national, but out here in the east the teenagers are walking upto unsuspecting strangers and just punching them in the face as hard as possible to knock them out. There seems to be no rhyme or reason to this insanity. I try to be situationally aware and rarely have hands in the pockets or carrying packages in both hands, so as to always be ready for the unexpected. This seems like something new to be on the look out for. :combat:

idbl-fanatic

Re: New "game" teenagers playing

This was happening a few years ago as well. I seem to recall news reports of it back then too.

doublestrike

Yeah, this story has gone national / viral via all the news channels and even on FB with security camera footage and even personal cell phone videos. Just this week, there was a documented incident in my hometown of San Diego, CA.

I definitely agree that it’s important to build one’s “Situational Awareness” and be cautious of one’s surroundings. But I’m also a firm believer that one should not live in fear and/or stare down every stranger you encounter on the street.

tech94

Double strike, I agree. Don’t wanna live my life paranoid or suspicious of everyone that passes me by. Just see this as a pretty bad ambush type of attack.

kmyoshi

I think there’s a fine line between paranoia and being prepared. While I agree that one should not live life in fear, they should believe that things like this CAN happen to them and be as prepared for it as best as possible. Whenever I pass someone on the street, I try to make sure they’re at least an arms length distance away from me (out of my personal space). If our paths are going to cross, I will make space. I also turn around/look over my shoulder or glance to see where they are at via my peripheral vision or a reflection in case they do something I do not like. You don’t have to “stare them down,” because this is usually confrontational and some people won’t like that and might start something. I usually give a nod to a passerby to be “courteous” but this also lets them know that I know that they are there (maybe subconsciously?).

The way I see it, these guys look for easy targets, people who are paying the least attention to who is around them and where they’re at. I think if they were to try to do this to me and I were to see them heading back in my direction, they would call off the attack because the element of surprise isn’t there anymore and it’s much harder to knock someone out who see’s an attack coming and is prepared for it than an attack that is out of the blue. Granted, if it’s a group of thugs looking to jump someone, they’re going to attack you regardless. This is where you’ll need to meet violence with even more violence.

don

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JT-ZCS-B740

Art mimicking life or vice versa? Either way, IMO it’s contributing/perpetuating…

kmyoshi

quote Don:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JT-ZCS-B740

Art mimicking life or vice versa? Either way, IMO it’s contributing/perpetuating…

Can very well be, but from all the interviews I’ve seen, I haven’t heard any mention of video games as the inspiration, they just say they’re bored.

Either way, that video is well made!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: