Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    dugfoot

Geetings brothers and sisters of the thin-blue line.

Like most of you in Law Enforcement, I seem to have less and less free time coupled with large amounts of stress. Workout time always seems to be at a premium and I’m always looking for 30-40 minute workouts that I can squeeze in 2-3 times a week, along with my Krav Maga training/teaching.

I just developed a new workout and I am very excited to share it, but let me first give a disclaimer. I did organize this workout but actually it is an eccletic blend of stuff I got from crossfit.com, Bas Rutten’s workout CD’s, and watching MMA fighter Sean Scherk train. The credit really goes to those three entities.

First, I recorded on an audio cassette (yes, some of us still use them. Plus, I don’t know how to do it on a computer) 6-5 minute rounds with a 1 minute break in between each round. At every 30 seconds during the 5 minute round I stated “Sprawl, takedown” into the microphone. I’ll explain that part later.

Second, I set my rounds up as follows:

Rounds 1 and 4: calestenics and dumbells. Changed execised every 30 seconds (when I heard myself say “Sprawl, takedown”). Focussed alot on various types of push-ups, leg execises, abs, and using my 5-pound jumprope. Leg execises included kettle bell work and thrusters. I plan on adding sandbag lifts/carrys to the workout.

Rounds 2 and 5: running on the treadmill. Will add intervals later.

Rounds 3 and 6: Heavy bag work using all of my strikes. Also did a sprawl and simulated a takedown each time I heard myself say it on the tape.

This is 30 minutes of pretty intense work and I was spent when this was over. If anyone else decides to do this workout or some variation of it, please let me know what you think.

ds314

Re: new workout

It would be nice if you could video tape it and post it. I do not know how to do this myself. It sounds like a great workout.

DS314

michael

Re: new workout

That sounds like a great way to organize the workout. Short and intense, which is what I like. I would be interested to see more info as well.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: