Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums Law Enforcement & Military Newbie need advice please.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    medic1

New to the forum. I have been an AF medic for one and a half years. My buddy just got sent overseas to afghanistan as a combat medic for an Army unit. I have realized that there is a very good possibility that I will be going to do the same thing sometime in the future. I could use some advice as to where to begin and what to start as a good workout and training plan to learn Krav Maga. I have very little experience in H2H combat just some training in martial arts about 4 years ago. Any advice is welcome thanks.

mara-jade

Re: Newbie need advice please.

Welcome to the forum!

As far as KMWW centers, I didn’t see any on the map but I would just check periodically for new locations.

You can get Complete Krav Maga Book by Darren Levine & John Whitman. There’s also the KM DVDs

You can check here to see what they look like.
    https://kravmaga.com/store/

Please check around the forum – great info here and lots of knowledgeable folks!:wav:

munster

what base you on? have you tried looking at location directory on this site>? and also some bases (lackland i know had one) have krav instructors on there and teach classes or contact the one closest training centers for you and get ur unit to sponsor a seminar for your unit the books help somewhat but you can only get so much out of a book

mara-jade

quote Munster:

what base you on? have you tried looking at location directory on this site>? and also some bases (lackland i know had one) have krav instructors on there and teach classes or contact the one closest training centers for you and get ur unit to sponsor a seminar for your unit the books help somewhat but you can only get so much out of a book

I just checked my center’s website – classes at lackland no longer show

munster

and i just got done checking it and it still says it is (911kravmaga.com) try lookin threw the local based site the classes were ok there

mara-jade

Give them a call. On our schedules they used to list both sets – the main center and lackland. They haven’t done that in a while now.:dunno:

alfakrav

Hey Medic 1,
    I was a 4N051 medic for 6 years and now a 4H071 Cardiopulmonary for the last 7. Done 3 tours in Iraq and had the pleasure of Attending both Basic and Advanced force training in addition to my Civilian Krav Instructor. Go to the law enforcement/military link on the main website. if you need any help let me know. I don’t know of any schools near keesler if that is where you are stationed. If your going to be attached with the army it is a definite plus to have that under your belt. Army combatives is definitely different mindset than krav. I won’t bash another system, but I think krav is very suited for what you need in a deployed location.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: