Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums Locations No Pittsburgh Training Centers

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    ljsikes

hi all,

The closest center to me is roughly 2 hours away (near Cleveland). I know that I’m not the only one who is extremely interested in Krav Maga, but doesn’t have a location nearby.
    Is anyone traveling to the Cleveland location to train? Or… I guess the larger question is how can one train effectively without the benefit of a qualified KMW instructor nearby? I would be willing to travel out of state, but that would be limited to once a week, and I don’t know whether that would be beneficial.

I hope my questions make sense – I’m a newbie (as if you can’t tell).

And my apologies if I’ve posted this in the wrong forum.

kirsten

Re: No Pittsburgh Training Centers

Hi Ljsikes,

There is a LOT you can do! Get on their website, see if they have a newsletter or facebook / twitter / account that you can subscribe to get information on seminars and special events to attend. Next, see what the drop in fee is and try to attend a class once a week and treat yourself to a class or two in that day. Next order the KM videos, get the books, the Bas Rutten MMA Workouts, a heavy bag maybe and start practicing.

And keep coming here for help!

Best of luck in your training.

ljsikes

hi Kirsten,

Thanks for the reply! All are good ideas. I really appreciate the feedback.

Hi there,

You can go onto http://www.kravmaga.com and view the videos that Kirsten was talking about. Also, on our website we have a link to where you can purchase our new book “Krav Maga for Beginners” written by Darren Levine and Ryan Hoover. Our locationspage is currently being updated. The three schools we have in Ohio are in these cities/counties: Fight Fit in Middleburg Heights, Prodigy Training Facility in Springboro, and The Black Belt Academy in Perrysburg. Hope this helps. Please feel free to email us here at [email protected] for more info.

anisky

I know it’s five years later, but I’m in Pittsburgh and interested in learning Krav Maga too (I am a complete beginner). If you found anything, or if you’ve found enough people interested for some sort of group, please let me know!

crossface

quote Anisky:

I know it’s five years later, but I’m in Pittsburgh and interested in learning Krav Maga too (I am a complete beginner). If you found anything, or if you’ve found enough people interested for some sort of group, please let me know!

Pittsburgh has an awesome Krav gym! Wright’s Gym

You can participate in a class for free to make sure it’s right for you. Stop by on a Monday or Wednesday night at 6:00 for the intro. and level 1 class. The instructors are excellent and friendly. I’ve been there over a year and love it!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: