Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums Student Lounge Not a good training knife

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    clfmak

I was using this folding trainer:
    http://www.elinemerchandising.com/KO2900A-BK.html
    at the Dog Brothers gathering a week ago, and after throwing my wooden trainer at my downed opponent (I kicked him and he fell down) I drew my folding trainer. It broke on his fencing mask. The lock failed and the plastic broke near the blade, so the blade could rotate freely. To be fair, the folding trainers are usually not designed to be used for heavy contact. Always trying to make the best of things, I used the blade to make a prison shank trainer:
    http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g309/RossMakoske/shank.jpg
    I’ve been up to all sorts of mischief with it.

cjs-dad
    Keymaster

Re: Not a good training knife

You know you have an evil streak……. right?

And I like that about you.

ryan

Um, why throw a perfectly good knife to your “opponent”?

clfmak

quote Ryan:

Um, why throw a perfectly good knife to your “opponent”?

I’m not saying it was the best idea, but it was my reaction for some reason. People do some odd things in Dog Brothers fights. In my defense, 1. I had two other weapons, 2. he already had a knife. Anyway, in a self defense situation, I would probably have started running away as soon as my side kick put him on the ground.

jburtonpdx

quote CLFMak:

I’m not saying it was the best idea, but it was my reaction for some reason. People do some odd things in Dog Brothers fights. In my defense, 1. I had two other weapons, 2. he already had a knife. Anyway, in a self defense situation, I would probably have started running away as soon as my side kick put him on the ground.

Stress does weird things….

Let me ask this though — the knife you threw, do you remember if it would have “stuck” had it been sharp?

russell

how did things go at the “meeting of the pack?” (sorry i watched the nat geo program on the event)

did you do ok?

clfmak

quote jburtonpdx:

Stress does weird things….

Let me ask this though — the knife you threw, do you remember if it would have “stuck” had it been sharp?

I don’t remember. I think I was already going for my other weapon as soon as I threw it.

quote russell:

how did things go at the “meeting of the pack?” (sorry i watched the nat geo program on the event)

did you do ok?

I did well, but I only fought with the training knives. I ended up driving up by myself, so I really didn’t want to have to drive home with injuries (especially finger ones). Also, my stickfighting really wasn’t up to par (the day after I got back I really started working on it). I tried one fight with the shock knives, and I honestly don’t remember getting shocked even though I’m pretty sure I was hit (I have a bruise where he stabbed me in the left arm).

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: