Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums Student Lounge Notin’ to it but to do it!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

After a nearly 3 week hiatus because of the holidays and a jacked up wrist, I’m going back for my level 1 and intro fight class tomorrow (as well as the gym in the morning, which I have been on an equaly long hiatus from). The wrist isn’t getting much better, so I’m going to take it light, but I feel terrible being inactive like this. I faired quite well in a fight on New Years Eve after trying to throw out some rowdy hooligans from our party, so hopefuly my luck holds out against people who actualy know what they’re doing :chair: Wish me luck!!!

J-

skibum

Re: Notin’ to it but to do it!

Good luck, ’76. Tape your wrist and get a wrist brace for a couple of classes. Meanwhile do wrist-strengthening exercises diligently. A good one is a stick with rope and weight that you must wind u by holding and twising with your wrists. Eventually do all pushups on your knuckles.

jjk

Don’t forget to dip your gloves in tar and broken glass. Roll it on good, too much is better than too little.

Also, let’s hear about your party fight!

A wrist brace? Is that going to work for training? That’s gonna suck, but I know you’re right. ….Damnit.

I started doing push-ups again this morning at the gym because my gym partner was late. Couldn’t do them regularly, so I did end up doing them on my knuckles with no real pain (there was a bit when I did diamond push-ups.

JJK… I don’t think that anyone at the NTC would appreciate the tar and broken glass, though I like where your head’s at.

As far as the New Years fight… I’d prefer not to post details as several people on the other side went to the hospital and I wasn’t the only person involved. I think a bunch of them will come back for revenge at a show I’m playing on Saturday though, so I’ll let you know how that goes if the bouncers aren’t capable of doing their job and keeping them out :).

J-

Down,

For push-ups have you looked into the “Perfect Push-up”?

Those things work great for me and they don’t hurt your wrists at all, you should check them out.

If you do go to train just make sure you have some good hand wraps and wrap those suckers good so they support your wrists well.

quote HazardousSmoker:

Down,

For push-ups have you looked into the “Perfect Push-up”?

Those things work great for me and they don’t hurt your wrists at all, you should check them out.

If you do go to train just make sure you have some good hand wraps and wrap those suckers good so they support your wrists well.

I’m so aprehensive to buy those because of all the other exercise crap people sell on TV. I’ll trust your opinion though and pick them up when I get a chance. I’m still needing to get my hotel room and rental car for Colorado in February.

I’ve been wrapping my hands, but it’s not really working. I think I’m going to do the wrist brace just to be safe. I talked my boss into paying for it due to the fact that typing is aggitating it and bosses don’t like the term “workplace injury”.

J-

Good luck with that man and I’m sure it will heal eventually although with our age it does take longer 🙁

Yikes! I did my two classes, but barely. I was so tired I could barely concentrate and my form was jaaaaaacked up. The wrist held up well with a cheap brace from CVS (Thanks!) and I was able to do everything but palm strikes with that hand.

One thing’s for sure…. No more classes before fight classes. I kept getting tired and letting my guard down only to be greeted with a nice punch in the schnoz.

J-

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: