Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    dt-usa

Can someone tell me anything about the several new york metro area krav maga locations? Are they all connected to the national training center? I emailed one in bayshore, but got no reply. Krav classes are in some kind of gym there. I called the place in nyc at john j. college but they never returned my call. I live in nassau county and I know there is a krav location here, but I can’t get the name of it. I checked the locator on this website, but the only long island location listed is way out in suffolk, much too far for me. Anyone know of a nassau location? And is it a place you would recommend?

defensediva

dt- I don’t know about those affiliations but if you are in nassau county, you should definitely train at KMLI. That’s where I train. It’s a great school. There are other threads on this board that go into more detail, so I won’t bother here.

BUT, it would be nice if someone could clear up all these affiliation issues once and for all. SOME of the schools in the NY area leave a LOT to be desired! (NOT KMLI– it’s fantastic!)

kravmdjeff

There’s a current student of mine who trained at john j, not affiliated with the NTC, and she said it wasn’t that great. She’s been singing our praises by comparison. Hope that helps. Seems like KMLI is the way to go.

ffdo

I have trained in a lot of KM locals, KMLI is the way to go…..

dripster

I too have to agree with the posters above me. KMLI in Hicksville, NY is the best way to go. Give em a call the, website is http://WWW.KMLI.COM.

Peter

mongo

krav at john jay

FWIW, I’ve been training at John Jay for a couple of years and think the instruction is excellent. I can’t imagine an instructor more qualified than Rhon. I’d be interested to hear what the former student’s specific complaints were. dt-usa, what information are you looking for?

kmguy8

ok… having trained at the NTC for years, having trained with Rhon at John J, and having trained with david kahn on several recent trips I can tell you the info your going to get from these satelite instructors from other locations than the NTC is going ot be worthless… I mean kmmdjeff… one student as a sample size… Rhon is the REAL deal…shame on you..

check out
    http://www.kravmagainc.com
    http://www.israelikrav.com

of course, KM worldwide is a great org and has done wonders for Krav, but if you are simply looking for a good local teacher you should look into both orgs locations. either will give you what you are looking for…

thor

I have trained with David Kahn at John J while on trips to NY. And although a bit spartan, the training was first rate. Don’t hesitate to go try it!

rich-f

Sounds like you trained with Rhon not David. David does not train at John J

kraven

I trained regularly at John Jay for six months in ’02/’03 (Rhon’s level 1 & 2 classes), and the biggest difference between my training with Rhon and the classes I’ve taken in DC, LA and now at KMLI is that with Rhon I only trained with pads on two occasions — combatives were generally done in the air. Everywhere else, we’ve hit, kicked and generally mauled pads for at least half of every class.

Rhon is without a doubt an awesome krav maga practitioner (and a good teacher), but I think there’s a lot more benefit to practicing strikes with full contact rather than \”dry\”.

abor

Punching and kicking without pads??? You were striking air?? What’s the point of that? No matter how good a teacher is, and it sounds like Rhon is good, I don’t see how you can have a Krav Maga class where you’re doing combatives to the air.

thor

No, David Kahn was an instructor at John J a long time ago. We’re talking just post 9/11. I think he went to Florida just after that if I remember it right.

mblitz

I’ve been on the faculty of John Jay College for 18 years; to my knowledge David Kahn has never been an instructor there. It’s possible he was a guest speaker or guest instructor at some point, but I don’t recall that.

thor

Hmmm… We’re talking in NY city right?? I seem to remember I was supposed to meet him one night in some Jewish center. Missed him and we met up during his class in the college the following night.

Man, maybe it was somewhere else. I am old. I am glad my brain fires off an electron once in a while. Maybe he was a guest instructor.

Is it a small room somewhere in the bowels of the building?? Walking distance from Times Suare? No equipment, just some sweaty motivated people??

Now you have me questioning my sanity….

tribal416

KravMDjeff may I ask your credentials concerning Krav Maga. It is hard to find anyone in the same class as Rhon Mizrachi anywhere in the United States, to say some girl is singing praises about your program is no way of proving that your program is superior that Rhon’s program, dont you think. I honestly think it is disresectful to make statements against someone’s program especially if they are not here to defend themselves.

MBlitz if i understand correctly doesn’t your Black Belt come from Rhon Mizrachi? If not I am pretty sure you received your Brown out of his John Jay program.

David Kahn nevr taught at John Jay and stays as far away as possible from Rhon and his prgram. He teachs at the Makor.

If you think about it KMLI started out of kravmagainc and not krav maga LA.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: