Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums Krav Maga Videos Ohad Gidon-Born into it.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 74 total)
  • Author
    kevin-mack

This is what KM looks like when you have been training since birth. This is Ohad Gidon son of Grandmaster Haim Gidon.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=FPpQs_4ZVlU

ryan

Re: Ohad Gidon-Born into it.

No disrespect intended, since he’s obviously a very talented martial artist, but this is what it looks like if you’ve been doing demos since birth. Very fast and flashy. Lots of high risk, low reward stuff there. Entertaining and talented, for sure, but it looks like most of the Shorinji Kempo demos I used to do and see when training years ago.

kevin-mack

“Lots of high risk, low reward stuff there”???????? everything shown is in the KM curriculum

bull1189

Some of the combatives he’s throwing to finish the fight are pretty high risk. He’s dealing with the threat by trading one risk for another. I tend to shy away from doing, or teaching for that matter, round kicks to the head in a self defense situation.

ETA: But that isn’t t detract from his skill – he’s damn good and fun to watch!

kevin-mack

For years people have been saying round kicks to the head are a waste of time but now we see high kicks being put to use in not only MMA but also k-1 and numerous knockouts in kyokushin tournaments.They are in the KM curriculum and there are many KM guys who are good at them If you can use it then use them.You have a much better chance of ending the fight with a good head kick then with thai kicks to the thigh.If you cant kick high then kick low…if you can kick high then kick high.

crazy-train

The problem with round kicks to the head is that it leaves your groin open for a counter. If you don’t believe me, ask the guy I kicked during our school’s instructor work out….needless to say, he learned the cup lesson the hard way.

So, we are seeing round kicks to the head in MMA, because there are rules against striking the groin, if theses rules did not exist, there would be fewer head high round kicks, or more guys grabbing their junk, moaning on the ground.

ryan

MMA has little relevance. The participants are high level athletes, who fight for a living, in a sport environment. The 40 year old accountant, training twice a week to learn to defend his/her family, has little in common with that very narrow demographic.

jamesh-d30

The guy is obviously VERY talented! I could use him at demo’s at any event and get more students. However, I measure someones knowledge (not talent) by what they do against weapons; and the first thing that sticks in my mind about that video is where his hands went when the gun is pressed into the back of his neck.

With that level of training he should know better and show better. Still, a really talented guy 🙂

jamesh-d30

The guy is obviously VERY talented! I could use him at demo’s at any event and get more students. However, I measure someones knowledge (not talent) by what they do against weapons; and the first thing that sticks in my mind about that video is where his hands went when the gun is pressed into the back of his neck.

With that level of training he should know better and show better. Still, a really talented guy 🙂

kevin-mack

In case anyone was wondering who Ohad was:
    Ohad Gidon (6th dan) is one of the highest-ranking instructors in Israel. Ohad began his krav maga training at the age of 2 and has trained for more than two decades under Imi Lichtenfeld’s senior students including Imi’s most senior student and Ohad’s father, Grandmaster Haim Gidon. Ohad is instrumental in krav maga’s development and revising the krav maga curriculum in conjunction with Grandmaster Haim Gidon. Ohad is recognized as a “senior coach” by Wingate. Ohad travels to the United States and Europe on a regular basis to teach civilians and law enforcement agencies. Ohad graduated at the top of his class from Israel’s prestigious Technion Institute where he completed his electrical engineering degree. Ohad has received special commendations from several American law enforcement agencies.

leejam99

compare the number of times that a MMA pro has been taken down from trying to deliver a high kick vs. a high kick knockout.

enough said.

oh wait… i like the music though. takes me back to my college days when i use to play Mortal Combat during break! Raidon was my guy.

kevin-mack

Euros and Israelis should not be allowed to choose HL video theme music

kevin-mack

The same could be said for the number of low kicks that have been caught and used to get a takedown.

leejam99

yes of course but people also get taken down just standing still or moving around… the point is what has greater probability or higher risk.

satilan

Good Video man.
    I must disagree with a couple of things:
    – Ohad employing “high risk” attacks. He is not. Ohad did train in KM from age 2 and so incredibly proffecient and accurate that he can add extreme speed and agility and still not lose accuracy.
    – This is not just “demo stuff” this is how he fights for real. I’ve seen him train, fight and spar first hand on mutiple occasions. What you’re seeing here is NOT staged at all.
    – There was a thread here about a sambo takedown that involved that attacker being taken down by the other guy’s putting of his legs one behind and one in front of him… It think the thread was referring to the ongoing “flying axe kick” joke. My point is, the first time I saw that move it was performed by Ohad, but it was performed so fast and well that we didn’t even see what happened! one moment they were sparring, both standing – and in the next they were on the floor and Ohad had the other guy in an armbar! Amazing!!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 74 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: