Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums Krav Maga Videos Ohad Gidon-Born into it.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 74 total)
  • Author
    kevin-mack

Re: Ohad Gidon-Born into it.

another Ohad video
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nnGuD59YsJc

fernandokm

The kid is good, but the video is on fast forward.

no-mercy

quote fernandoKM:

The kid is good, but the video is on fast forward.

He is non a kid…..
    He is about 30 years old

satilan

quote fernandoKM:

…the video is on fast forward.

No it’s not 🙂 he’s just really quick.

rick-prado

quote Satilan:

No it’s not 🙂 he’s just really quick.

It was sped up a little bit, although he is very fast. My instructor says he is the best he’s ever seen.

satilan

quote Plantman:

It was sped up a little bit, although he is very fast. My instructor says he is the best he’s ever seen.

It is not sped up. I don’t want to begin another stupid argument. I actually trained w/him in real life.

bradm

Liked the video, but can’t say much for the background music.

satilan

quote BradM:

Liked the video, but can’t say much for the background music.

Won’t argue there…

ncward

The video is good inspiration for someone just starting. On a side note, Ryan, you need to open a gym up further east. Say closer to goldsboro and support your Air Force! =P

ryan

ncward,

I have an instructor moving to Raleigh. I am looking to secure a “satellite” location. Are you registered for e-mail updates through our site? Can you make it down here for Fall Camp?

Stay tuned.

All the best,

Ryan

ncward

I won’t be able to get there for Fall Camp. I’ll be going TDY down to Tyndall AFB from the 12th through 1st of October.

ryan

I also have a Force Training Instructor Certification course here in October.

krav

quote ncward:

The video is good inspiration for someone just starting…

That’s not always true!

Remember that Imi introduced his system to civilians targeting all citizens, young, old, male female, athletic, out of condition, etc…

In my opinion, this video will not attract middle age/old, out of condition individuals, since they will not reccon themselves doing the techniques Ohad is showing, since most of them would never be abble to perform them.
    In these perspective, if you see Richard Douieb demos in Bercy, you will find that most of his performances are based in simple and “accessible” techniques, rather than worring himself of throwing a lot of high-kicks.

All those high-kicks are far from being necessary, in fact, some of them may violate principles of Krav Maga, since they are far from being the most effective technique for the situation.
    The risk of a high-kick being “grabed” is much higher that a simple kick to the groin, and the effectiveness probably is lower.

For what I’ve been told, IMI focussed his kicking to the groin.
    Even Haim Gidon, in the videos I’ve seen him perform, I don’t recall of him throwing many high-kicks.

The truth is, that for most of the self-defense techniques, high kicks are not necessary.
    The only ones I recall right now that use them, are defenses against knives in the middle/long distances.

Resuming, I think Ohad is a very talented Krav Maga practitioner, but this video doesn’t do justice to IMI’s Krav Maga.

Just my opinion …

rich-f

quote Krav:

Resuming, I think Ohad is a very talented Krav Maga practitioner, but this video doesn’t do justice to IMI’s Krav Maga.

Just my opinion …

Explain how you are the authority on Imi’s Krav Maga?
    Before I get started, did you read the comment earlier in the thread from Satilian. Pretty much sums up what I am going to say.

krav

quote rich f:

Before I get started, did you read the comment earlier in the thread from Satilian. Pretty much sums up what I am going to say.

Yes I have read it.

quote rich f:

Explain how you are the authority on Imi’s Krav Maga?

What I know from IMI, is what I’ve heard from a old student that trained during his time, under his supervision.

As I wrote in my previous post:

quote rich f:

For what I’ve been told, IMI focussed his kicking to the groin.
    Even Haim Gidon, in the videos I’ve seen him perform, I don’t recall of him throwing many high-kicks.

Imi created a system that the main target area of your leg techniques should be the groin, due to several reasons:
    – because is easy to reach for most people
    – because is fast to hit due to the short distance
    – because is safer to hit, due to being difficult to grab
    – because is easy to integrate in fast combinations involving hand and leg techniques
    – because is a very sensible target of your oponent and if hit, even with not extreme force, causes a big damage and incapacitates him to continue fighting for a peiod of time
    etc…

Now if IMI designed/cretaed a system that, let’s say, 90% (of course is not a exact percentage) of the time you should target your legs to the opponents groin, and someone demonstrates your system, throwing most of his leg techniques at different targets (in this case, a lot to the head), one can say that the Demo “doesn’t do justice” to the original system.

As I told im my previous post, this is just my opinion ..

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 74 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: