Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums Locations Oklahoma Training Locations?

Viewing 13 posts - 31 through 43 (of 43 total)
  • Author
    travelgirl

Re: Oklahoma Training Locations?

Hello all…This is my first time to any type of forum, so I hope I am doing it correctly…:):
    Anyway I have been toying with the idea of joining some type of martial arts/self defense class. I was recommended by a friend of mine who has military background. He told me this style deals with real world situations, which is what I want. I dont really care about rankings, etc. I just want to be able to defend myself if anyone comes at me.
    I guess my question is if you are out of shape, are you able to keep up with everyone? I could stand to lose some weight, and although I walk a couple of miles every morning, I am pretty much out of shape!! I noticed a lot of you were from military backgrounds or some other type of martial arts, so I am wondering if it will be too intimidating for a beginner? Also I am the biggest wimp ever, never even been in a fight!!! So if anyone has any insight it will be greatly appreciated as I am clueless!!!
    Thanks,
    L

kmky

First, to quote Mara_Jade “Just wanted to welcome you to the forum”
    Second, don’t let being out of shape slow you down – you will get in shape doing Krav Maga.
    Third, Krav Maga is designed to take a normal person and teach them to be able to defend themselves. You don’t have to be an athlete to do well with Krav Maga nor do you have to be a Marine, it is for normal people.
    So by all means, go try out a class. Most places let you do a trail class for free and several do a “two week free pass”.

travelgirl

Thanks, that makes me feel better. I am going to check it out soon….I figure a little hard work cant hurt, and I am sure it will also build my confidence….
    thumbsup

kvmorl

quote Travelgirl:

Thanks, that makes me feel better. I am going to check it out soon….I figure a little hard work cant hurt, and I am sure it will also build my confidence….
    thumbsup

Biggest thing i could tell you from an recent ex out of shape Krav student, is stick with it, its a tough work out but it will pay off and no one expects you to lead or keep up with experienced students when you first start off. Just try your hardest and in time your body will show. Another tip, eat at least 2hrs before class and don’t go without eating either. My first day i almost decorated the mat with liquid dinner because i ate 30min before class LOL.

travelgirl

Oh no, that sounds scary!!! LOL…..About the only exercise I get right now is walking and a little bit of jogging every morning. Good advice, I never would have thought of it. I will probably puke anyway no matter what time I eat….Haha. But I need to step up my workout, and learning to defend myself is a big plus….

travelgirl

Crap, I tried to reply but I guess it didnt go thru. Oh well, here goes….
    That sounds scary!! LOL….The most exercise I get right now is walking the dog in the morning, but I need to step up the workout and learning to defend myself in the process is a plus…I will probably puke no matter when I eat, which would be quite embarassing!! Haha.

mara-jade

Hi Travelgirl!

I see you’ve already been welcomed. Like the others have said, you don’t have to be an athlete to train. It’s nice to do other martial arts if you want to, but that’s not a requirement.

Take water, a towel and your fighting spirit (trust me it’s there hiding :D:) and enjoy!thumbsup

boltongsr

Why does this link show two locations in oklahoma but only one appears when you click it?

https://kravmaga.com/schoollocations.asp

Im looking for a location near OKC/Tinker

grueallover

I’m looking for a place to train as well. If there is anyone out there looking for a place to teach then I suggest the Norman/OKC area. I can’t drive up to Tulsa and I’m obviously not alone. You’d corner the market. Hopefully someone will come here soon.

In the meantime I guess I’ll get the book and dvd and start on my own.

kravman

I went to the place in edmond and it is a nice place. He teaches other styles also which seem to be his main focus. There is a place in Duncan i can learn Bjj and MMA style fighting. I want to learn Krav Maga and it is very frustrating trying to find a place to do it in. If i could get the training and all i would love to open up a place here in duncan, that would allow students in this area a chance to learn this style. It is very benefical style i think and is a great work out and confindence builder. So if anyone knows anyone who is an instructor and would be willing to travel to teach im sure we can get enough people together to make it worth there time.

Dojo 3 in Edmond, OK is a Krav Maga Worldwide affiliate.

Dojo3edmond.com

jcjxxl

There is a great Krav Maga seminar coming in December. It’s from a group based out of Israel.

More info here: http://www.oklahomacombatives.com

soonerbjj

A well established BJJ academy in Edmond has affiliated with Krav Maga Alliance and will begin teaching classes in April 2017.

http://theforgebjj.com/krav-maga-edmond-oklahoma/

Viewing 13 posts - 31 through 43 (of 43 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: