Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    munster

Now as much as I love seeing this stuff on the net and its not a bad review for those of us that cant get to class anymore. Does krav really need to show techniques over youtube. I mean last I checked everyone does have access to the internet (this includes shady characters and criminals) that could use these things against us and other people. Its a good thing to perhaps inform the public and demonstrate, however threw these means it kinda cancels out if the bad guy has an idea of what to do or to counter these cause he was bored one day and was surfing youtube . Does anyone else agree with this or am I just crazy? I mean not all criminals are dumb….

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yd7npft6xmk&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=arEwiDpuNCM&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-FgH5uPYu8&feature=related

no-mercy

Re: Opsec

Nice vids. ill need to check the second one. It seems not likely not getting shot in the back 🙂

kmky

There are hundreds of Krav Maga videos on Youtube, some of them good and some of them not. Many have much more detailed instructions than these. Personally I like these videos and refer to them frequently. These videos are great. My only problem with them is that there needs to be more.

munster

yes but that wasent the point of the post. Its great that we inform fellow students, however theyre are other people out there that we may not want to be informing (ie people that commit crimes, they do surf the internet). It kinda is a disservice if both sides know whats going on instead of just the good guys. 😀

freelancer

How common is it to have the attacker stab himself? :OhMy:

benelli

I enjoyed the videos thank you for posting the link.

I suppose your argument is they may be able to counter train on the techniques?

But I don’t see how they are LE specific?

I’m not trying to be argumentative I just don’t see how they could be counter productive.

munster

yes I suppose I should have posted this on the main forum however counter productive in a sense that it gives peoples minds of what someone could potentially do if excuting anyone of these types of attack primarly on to the average person out there not so much towards the LE/military side.

blindfold

What if criminals are taking KM classes?

Maybe they bought the DVD’s or books.

It’s hard to control so many outlets of information.

Also, Good and Bad leave no room for that gray area.

I have an uncle, who I don’t care for, but he was a convicted Felon in the state of NJ. He flew up to go hunting with friends and did everything he was aware that he was supposed to do. He was guilty of possesing a firearm without some licensing from the state of NJ. He spent 6 months in jail. Now he is a regional manager for a large retailer and has never had any further problems. At one point in time he too was a criminal.

I think alot of what makes a criminal is based on the person not on mistakes they may have made.

I have very strong feelings about this, because I know of several people who are sitting in jail or have been who were in the wrong place at the wrong time with the wrong people. It happens.

Just an opinion.

munster

quote blindfold:

What if criminals are taking KM classes?

Maybe they bought the DVD’s or books.

It’s hard to control so many outlets of information.

Also, Good and Bad leave no room for that gray area.

I have an uncle, who I don’t care for, but he was a convicted Felon in the state of NJ. He flew up to go hunting with friends and did everything he was aware that he was supposed to do. He was guilty of possesing a firearm without some licensing from the state of NJ. He spent 6 months in jail. Now he is a regional manager for a large retailer and has never had any further problems. At one point in time he too was a criminal.

I think alot of what makes a criminal is based on the person not on mistakes they may have made.

I have very strong feelings about this, because I know of several people who are sitting in jail or have been who were in the wrong place at the wrong time with the wrong people. It happens.

Just an opinion.

Yes I aware of that I too know some people like that, however that wasent the point it was just limiting the amount of info being released to the public (non students) and yes theyre lotz of info out there, however some these techniques arent in the videos released and as for the books learning martial arts out of the book well just isnt the same inless youve been in class with it already. And yes not all people taking classes may be the greatest characters, however I personally have never heard of any krav criminals lol so who knows, I was objecting to putting vids up just going into detail on techniques shown.

kmky

I don’t see what the difference between releasing a very informative book and releasing a few videos on youtube. Besides, watching some videos or reading the book isn’t the same as going to class. I’ve read the book from front to back several times, watched the dvds too many times to count, and watched the youtube videos on a regular basis – but i’m still not a level 5 or black belt. I’ve seen countless videos of people playing the piano on youtube, but I’m still no Mozart.

Just my opinion for what it is worth.

blindfold

I understand your point, but of the things they show on the internet, a couple of KM defenses aren’t on the criminal check list.

I think youtube should have a special section for the criminally minded to make it easy for the rest of us to avoid. Then again they would probably lose a great deal of viewers to the regular stuff.

I have friends who know what class I take and can’t figure out how to spell it. Which is really funny.

kmky

Yeh, most of the people who know what I study can’t pronounce, let alone spell it 😉

kvmorl

Funny but true! I look at my watch before telling someone at work, knowing i will have to spell it out and explain what the heck it is….

jamesh-d30

Instructors and school owners also have a responsibilty to vet the people who are training with them to the extent they can. It’s my experience that a**holes don’t stick around long after the first exhaustion drill, and it’s also my experience that our instructors make those drills REALLY hard if an a**hole happened to make it into an intro class!

I randomly answered a phone inquiry the other day and while talking to the prospective student I asked, as we always do, why they want to train in Krav Maga. His answer, I swear, was that “i’m leaving Denver soon because Law Enforcement is too agressive here and i need to defend myself until i leave” Needless to say he won’t be training in Krav Maga in Colorado, though i may invite him to an intro class just for fun 🙂

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: