Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    five04zog

I have seen Ground Defense/Survival instructor classes (DPSST sponsored) offered via DPSST. As A DT Instructor, i’m always getting DT stuff in my work e-mail. Is this like the Krav Maga ground survival classes i’ve seen? I know that Krav Mage is (or is becoming) the official DT program here in oregon. I’m federal, so we use a different program (mix of BJJ, Muay Thai, SPEAR system, & typical LE control tactics). I ask because it’s free and I would like any input on the class. I may take it next time I see it offered at DPSST. Thanks for the info.

cjs-dad
    Keymaster

Re: Oregon-DPSST & Krav Maga

Coincidentally the first person to get me involved in ground fighting was actually Oneness. He’s a beast!

Run your question by him and see what thinks.

Don would be a good person to answer this question as well.

five04zog

Thanks…
    I forgot Oneness teaches DT for the ODOC. I go into my knee surgery tomorrow. once i’m off crouches and the couch, i’ll go in and watch a class again and talk with him. I can’t wait to start training. I’ve been on my ass for a month already. 4-6 weeks to go before I can train again.

don

Well, the price is right… ;):

If you’ve got the time, I say go for it. I don’t get to go to as much training as I’d like (and I don’t train as much as I should either but that’s a separate issue… lol) but I’m always up for a good seminar/course.

I would say, vet it as best you can and then take a chance. On the rare occasions I get to go to something (that I requested lol) I’m looking to pick up techniques for myself, techniques I may not necessarily like for myself but would be good to pass along to my students or partners, training methodologies and drills, and bits and pieces of various instructing styles.

I had the privilege of being trained by Sean for a couple of weeks a bunch of years ago and I’m still using and teaching stuff he taught me… :):

Btw Sean, Craig Douglas (SouthNarc / Shivworks) is coming to town for a 3 day seminar in late September, I can put you in touch with the person organizing if you’re interested – ECQC course… http://shivworks.com/?page_id=2 IIRC, it’s like $450. I’m hoping to go, hopefully on my department’s dime but I’m willing to foot the bill if not (gonna write it off)…

cjs-dad
    Keymaster

Thanks Don

Email the info on the seminar.

Sean

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: