Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    kevinmack
    esquire32

Re: Outlet Stances

Kevin…

Nice explanation and discussion re: ratioanles for the stance. Coming from a more boxer and traditonal background I’m always being told my stancing is too deep and too low , although I’ve adopted the krav stance, just sometimes a bit lower ( ie bent legs). One question/comment.. I understand all the reasons you discussed, most of which i’ve heard before, for the front facing stance as opposed to a more bladed stance. My concenr has always been the body exposire to a front kick in particular when squared off with an opponent. I will note that when sparring “krav guys” ( those without other martial arts training) the front thrust kick gets them almost everytime due to that front facing , body exposed positioning. I just view it as a trade off for some of the other beneifts, but whenever im told not to blade at all and to not be low(as stable) , I always hear that little voice inside saying you are losing power and some covering.. Thoughts from you or any other readers…?

michaelmall

Mr Mack thanks for your videos.Every time I learn something new,keep up the good work…

bear34

We have recently had some TKD based guys attend our sparring class. Their stance can’t even be called bladed. We Krav people call it sideways. While the more forward facing stance may expose your goodies more, you get pretty good at protecting after you gett kicked a few times. That sideways stance in a real fight, IMO, is an open invitation to have yourself permanently crippled. I personally would go for that exposed knee every time.

catapult

I posted this link in another thread. Anderson Silva is a TKD black belt but his stance in the cage is pretty krav-like, as is the stance of most MMA fighters. It’s just what seems to works best.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oI28_KLMf2Q

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: