Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums General KM Related Topics Pankration tournament

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    clfmak

I found out that the Pankration tournament I’m competing in will be in Santa Ana. This is bad news for me (I thought it was in San Diego) but I know a lot of you guys are in LA and like this sort of thing, so you might want to go and watch. Its on Sunday at 11:00:
    http://www.fightleague.org/images/TournamentInfo/2007CAPankrationChamptionship/2007CaliforniaChampionshipsFlyer.pdf

unstpabl1

Good Luck. I hope you do well. I’d go just to meet you, but I have to work. What are the rules? The tournament isn’t in a wherehouse somewhere in Santa Ana at 2am is it? 😆

unstpabl1

Hey, are you still thinking of doing The Dog Brothers Gathering in June. Hopefully I can go this year to watch. Crafty has helped me with so many things this year over the net, that I feel like I owe him big time. Maybe a few of us can meet up

mike

anonymous

Wow, good luck, tell us how it went.

jonathanazel

Best of luck! I’m in San Diego but will try to make it for sure :).

-Jon

clfmak

So, I competed in the pankration tournament. I fought a big wrestler type, who quickly closed with a kick, took my back and sat out for a takedown. He got a top position, and transitioned from my guard to mount back and forth while raining down giant punches. Eventually he planted forward on his forearm against my throat and I couldn’t get out of it, so I tapped out. It was a textbook example of the ground-and-pound from the highschool wrestler turned MMA fighter. I was prepared to kickbox, sprawl and clinch, but not prepared for that. I was pankrati0wned.

jonathanazel

Think of it as a learning experience :). I’m sure you’ll do better next time!

-Jon

unstpabl1

Yeah. but you showed up. Thats 99.7 percent of the battle. Good for you Buddy.
    mike

clfmak

I think it can be a positive thing for each martial artist to be thoroughly beaten down from time to time. \”invest in loss\” and all that jazz.

unstpabl1

Hey Mr. C,

Are you training MMA now or CLF? Freelancing? Hope your doing great
    mike

clfmak

Still CLF, but we grapple and train for sanshou tournaments so its not too much of a stretch to compete in pankration.

unstpabl1

I don’t know much about CLF. I did and liked San Soo for a bit< but the lack of spar/ resistence turned me off. I like what I’ve seen on San Da(?)

Have a great Weekend
    mike

beachfront71

CLF…

What weight class did you fight in and what division (beginner, intermediate, advanced)?

Just curious-

clfmak

Light Heavyweight beginner.

g-v

Re:

quote \”CLFMak\:

So, I competed in the pankration tournament. I fought a big wrestler type, who quickly closed with a kick, took my back and sat out for a takedown. He got a top position, and transitioned from my guard to mount back and forth while raining down giant punches. Eventually he planted forward on his forearm against my throat and I couldn’t get out of it, so I tapped out. It was a textbook example of the ground-and-pound from the highschool wrestler turned MMA fighter. I was prepared to kickbox, sprawl and clinch, but not prepared for that. I was pankrati0wned.

That’s ok. It’s cool that you competed. Did you land anything on him? How long did the fight last?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: