Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    t-j

Sorry Mario… The world needs to see what Phase B has done to your limbs…

An extra special thanks to Kelly, Jarret, and Junior for seven days of pain, exhaustion, dehydration, and most of all AWESOME INSTRUCTION! I’m sure everyone came out of this week feeling like they fought a heluva battle. Weeks like this are what we called “Character Building” in the Marine Corps.

If anyone needs me, I’ll be in the corner licking my wounds for a few days.

la-revancha

Re: Phase B Bruises

Speechless.

I haven’t heard of a such a brutal phase B in years.

Congrats to those that passed!

emil

That’s awesome. I remember Phase B test being the hardest for me physically.

saruotoko

No need to apologize, TJ. I’m rather proud of those bruises. I damned well EARNED those things. I don’t think I bruise all that easily, even if I was about the oldest person doing Phase B with the group.

My partner was doing his strikes and counters effectively the whole week, and helped me focus and demonstrate my technique correctly. And if people look at the thigh, that’s all from absorbing inside and outside leg kicks! My partner was great, and he powered through the test with a broken rib that he got on day 5 of 7.

It was an outstanding experience, and I too, would like to thank Kelly, Jarret, and especially Junior for the mentoring, coaching, and encouragement through the week. I will be a stronger Krav Maga instructor because of that training, and the training yet to come.

It was a great group to power through Phase with….and TJ, send me one of those pics of the whole group. And if someone on here has a pic of the group where Kelly is punching me in the gut, I want a copy, dammit! 🙂

Mario

miriam

CONGRATS, MARIO!!!! YOU ROCK!!! bow1

(nice legs, too!) thumbsup

saruotoko

Thanks, Miriam.

And for those of you who wonder if you can lose your mind in the days just after Phase training, the answer is YES. For some reason (that I won’t share, cause it makes this sentence funnier that way), I actually WENT to a bag class this morning (Sunday) at 9:30a.m. I had energy for all of 3 minutes, and could barely lift my arms for the rest of it.

I won’t be doing that for another week! 😉

Like TJ, I’m going to sit here in the corner, lick my wounds, and apply a buttload of Arnica on my bruises.

Mario

crazy-train

i remember phase b, twas a brutal week with james in colorado. at the time i was quite pale, and with as many bruises as i had, i was nicked named “cow.” ahh, the “wonderful” memories 🙂

saruotoko

quote crazy_train:

i remember phase b, twas a brutal week with james in colorado. at the time i was quite pale, and with as many bruises as i had, i was nicked named “cow.” ahh, the “wonderful” memories 🙂

That makes me feel better. Otherwise I’d be cheesed at my boss for telling our Phase group that I “bruise like a peach.” 🙂

I won’t soon forget this last week for the same reason.

Mario

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: