Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums Welcome Forums Please Feed Me Intel.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Hello,

I am very interested in Krav Maga.
    I have been scanning through this site doing some Intel Gathering to learn what I can before starting.

I need a few reports please.

Observation A:
    The Krav Maga in my area is though an ATA School, I have been reading some very hardline discussions on both sides of the fence(For/Against).
    It seems that there happens to be large inconsistancy with the training in w/in the ATA Schools.

Need to know A:
    When I go to this school and observe a few of the classes what should I be looking for in order to ensure that the place is on the leval and not some watered down, weak, or altered program?

What are some questions I should ask this Instructor and what are the correct answers that he should respond with?

What Krav Maga orginazation specifically is the ATA affiliates being certified through, and where can I look at thier S.O.P’s in order to learn them and compare w/what the ATA school is doing?

Observation B:
    It seems that in all things there are a number of camps and loyalities.
    It also seems that in each one of thease a number of beeks and videos have been realeased and offered to the public for intel, for access to my credit card of course.

Need to know B:
    What are the Official intructional manuals and videos I should buy?
    I realize ther are many heplfull reads or very good reads and at some point may want to see them to further my understanding of course.

For now I am seeking what is Official, in order to clear confucion and familiarize myself for what I should exactly exect and recieve when learning.

Thank you for the time taken to read this post.

mara-jade

Re: Please Feed Me Intel.

Welcome to the forum!

I can only speak with regards to KMWW(offcially released by them). There are other Krav organizations but I really have no knowledge of those.

There is the Complete Krav Maga Book by Darren Levine and John Whitman, excellent book by the way. If you head for KMWW’s ProShop you can see what’s available. There are other books and such but this will get you started. There’s like 2 errors in the book but you can find those in the KM books and technique section. I’ll bump those up for you

https://kravmaga.com/store/tek9.asp?pg=products&grp=30

As far as ATA – there have been a few talked about(some in FL seems). I think our instructor folks who post here can help ya outthumbsup. You’d need to look at how KM is being presented. Is it just moves being mixed in with other martial arts? At my center, you typically do a cardio type warm up (could be jump rope, shadow boxing, etc), then comes the KM techniques themselves. Depending on the class, you could be partnered up, in groups of 3 or more and so on. It depends on what’s being taught.

Hope this helps some:wav:

Shoot me a PM, Devil Dog.

Semper Fi.

quote Jeremy Stafford:

Shoot me a PM, Devil Dog.

Semper Fi.

Got your PM.
    Many thanks, informative and helpful.

Semper Fi.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: