Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums Student Lounge Post Workout Supplements

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    krav-math

Hello,

Does any one have a suggestion for a good post workout/recovery supplement? I am looking for a supplement that will aid in recovery (soreness/loss of nutrients).

A little background info: I am 38 years old, train 4 times a week in addition to 2 cardio classes a week. My late night workouts end at 8pm.

Thank you

Re: Post Workout Supplements

Water, a banana, and a shower.

krav-math

quote TacticalTimmy:

Water, a banana, and a shower.

Yeah, it seems most people keep it simple – which is good. I have been using a BCAA (Branched-Chain Amino Acids) product since the 6th and it seems to have really helped in cutting down the soreness.

I train in the gym more than anything else right now, and because I don’t take as much time to prep my food as I should, I take BCAAs and protein. If I was back into krav as much as you are, I would follow my previous post. When I was doing hour-long krav classes at the high intensity they were, my personal experience was the protein left me feeling bloated, thirsty, and sluggish.

tech94

Glutamine is your friend as well. It’s an amino acid and is incredible for helping with wound healing and muscle recovery. We use it in the surgical icu to help our patients with wound healing

usmckoontz

Personally I use a protien powder (muscle milk cookies and cream:)), add it in a mixer with some water or milk, add half a bananna, and some peanut butter and blend it into a shake.

Of course water (or gatorade) is also good post workout, and I always take multivitamins, fish oil, and glutamine. Along with Musclepharm BCAA capsules 🙂

winterland

Definitely get creatine into your routine. It is cheap and helps with post workout aches. Also has overall proven to not have any negative aspects. I do a good multivitamin and fish oil. BCAA’s when cutting. Otherwise get a good overall balanced diet. Lots of water. http://www.bodybuilding.com is a great resource.

Personally I use a protien powder (muscle milk cookies and cream:)), add it in a mixer with some water or milk, add half a bananna, and some peanut butter and blend it into a shake.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: