Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    mgothers

Hey folks,
    Been out of any sort of practice for punching in a while, but just finished filling up BOB yesterday and did some Bas Rutten 3min rounds.
    I was wearing the standard Krav gloves, and I think i’m punching wrong because I put some quick and painful blisters on my pinky knuckles on both sides…
    I should specify when I say knuckle, I don’t mean right where the finger and hand meet, but rather the next one up…not sure if my anatomy is correct, but I see each finger as having three knuckles, one at the finger/hand joint, one just below the finger nail and one in the middle, it’s this middle one that I put the blisters on (well ripped the skin right off basically).

Any thoughts on how I maybe punching wrong? I was doing the 3 minute boxing rounds, so there was plenty of jab-crosses, hooks, upper cuts and my personal favorite to hear Bas call out…liver shots!

Thank you for any advice,

-matt

coda-vex

Re: Punching technique

My heavy bag has dots of blood all over it because of the same thing. For me it was my hooks. The one thing about the Bas Tapes is that when you start doing them you are often trying to catch up to his calls. It’s ok to skip one of his combos so that you can maintain good force/intensity AND technique.

resqr1

Re: Punching technique

It may not be that you are punching wrong at all. Check the gloves. If they end at that knuckle, that is most likely your problem. I had the same thing happening to me. Once I found gloves that covered those knuckles, the problem was gone.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: