Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums KM Techniques & Krav Maga Books Q: GK please share a few tricks from a smaller perspective

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    cjs-dad
    Keymaster

\”Could this conceivably work against a bigger guy?\” I think you should make this part of your signature file.

I assume you mean the strike? It might not break it but it would hyper extend it probably.

One of these days you and me are going to need some mat time 🙂

(that way I could pick your brain on advanced material)

giant-killer

Pick my brain, but don’t smash it! 🙁

Ah, I’m looking forward to this. Kicks that send me flying across the room, punches that hyperextend my shoulder (so we’ll be even! 😉 ) and, of course, there is the groundfighting class, 230 (?) pounds of muscle, all concentrated on my solar plexus, caving my ribs in and turning the very idea of taking in oxygen into a luxury. In other words, good times! 😀

cjs-dad
    Keymaster

Why ya gotta pick on me? I have zero ground skills and rumor has it yours are excellent. Junior spins around on me like he was break dancing.

So just be prepared when I ask, will this work against a smaller guy?

giant-killer

No ground skills? Excellent!! And I thought you were infallible! As for \”will it work against a smaller guy on the ground\”, allow me to let you on a little secret (and I will live to regret this! 🙁 ): Just push me down (good old muscle method), then fall on top of me and do… absolutely nothing. Just lay there ’til I tap from lack of oxygen. Mass in motion is much easier to move than an immobile one. If you move around, trying to catch me in something, I may have a chance to escape. If you just lay there, with that much weight difference, I won’t be able to do much and every move I try to make is like bench pressing something way beyond your max with a mass more than twice your weight pressing down on your diaphragm while you are trying to push it up. Just a bit of this and you are exhausted. Even WITHOUT moving, it’s hard to breathe. So, no fancy moves for you when we are having our big match, just squish me and make me suffer. 😈 8)

cjs-dad
    Keymaster

Somehow I don’t think \”squish you and make you suffer\” will work against Junior LOL

unstpabl1

you guys are getting kinky 😳 , but bjj is the gayest sport ever

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QpceOOk2zog

giant-killer

It will work with Junior, if you are so inclined… 8)

You should come to Mitch Tavera’s class one time, he’s only 170, but he knows exactly how to position his weight on you and he always makes me scream for some reason, it’s really funny. But this happens to bigger guys, too, so I guess it’s okay… 😀

cav

Re:

quote \”Giant Killer\:

Pick my brain, but don’t smash it! 🙁

Ah, I’m looking forward to this. Kicks that send me flying across the room, punches that hyperextend my shoulder (so we’ll be even! 😉 ) and, of course, there is the groundfighting class, 230 (?) pounds of muscle, all concentrated on my solar plexus, caving my ribs in and turning the very idea of taking in oxygen into a luxury. In other words, good times! 😀

I would like to add, from personal experience, that Sean could feel A LOT heavier than that if he wants to be 🙂

giant-killer

Once he figures out how to place his weight in just the right spot, we’ll be all in trouble. Once YOU know how to do it…. Man, it’ll be like being trapped under a collapsed building or something. 🙁 😆

cjs-dad
    Keymaster

The last couple times I rolled with anyone (except junior) my partner did a great job of trying to dislocate my already torn up shoulder.

As such I avoid ground work, I just canít afford another serious injury.

I know its my weakest technique by far and something thats holding me back in the system but given the choice Iíll do stand up every time.

giant-killer

Well, good to know. I’ll slap that toe pick on you, make you crash down and then smash your shoulder with all of my weight while dropping elbows. Sounds like a plan! 😈 🙂

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: