Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums General KM Related Topics Rates & long-term contracts.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    kravmdjeff

DJ, I understand what you’re saying about wanting options…however, I meet people all the time that are sure they want to train for a year after taking one class. If it’s not your thing, it’s understandable…but I also don’t think it’s unreasonable to structure things that way.

Usually people get precious little benefit from only training for a few months. I use the \”we want dedicated students\” line all the time, and I mean it with all my heart.

Further, it’s just not about wanting dedicated students; I want to set people up to meet their goals as best as possible. I don’t believe i can do that if I set people up to quit as soon as it gets uncomfortable.

anonymous

I know what you mean, but about getting \”precious little benefit\” from only training for a few months, isn’t that a contradiction in that we usually tell people that KM is a system that can be learned quickly and that the techniques can be applied almost immediately after you learn them?

jasonm

Great point GK. hmmm.. 😆

bradm

\”if you really want to learn, but can’t afford it, may be you can barter your services. our school has done that for students and it’s worked out well\”

Good point. I remember at my first TKD school in CA. there was a woman that cleaned the school after closing to pay for hers and her childs training. I’ve also known students to do other jobs like work the front desk to answer phones and great people. They inturn received free or reduced rates for their training.

alny1

WHY NOT HAVE A FAMILY PLAN. LOT’S OF GYMS DO?

g-v

A family plan should save him a couple bucks. But yeh, 126/mo doesn’t seem that far out there, especially since we’re talking the Bay area.

calicogirl

Yea, $126 a month is good. But – I want an out after 2 months if I don’t like the class or the way that it is taught. If after that, you want a cheaper long term plan, it should be offered.

I also think that everyone should know or have a lawyer to take all contracts too. Things seem to change when you state that you want to take the contract to your lawyer. I have gotten many discounts with my lawyer with me. Contracts not worded legally that can be broken in a court of law. Cha-ching..

But – I have other hobbies I have to afford besides KM.

anonymous

I read through it kind of quickly and thought 756$ was for one person. For two people (126$ a month) it isn’t too bad.

jasonm

Re:

quote \”calicogirl\:

Yea, $126 a month is good. But – I want an out after 2 months if I don’t like the class or the way that it is taught. If after that, you want a cheaper long term plan, it should be offered.

I also think that everyone should know or have a lawyer to take all contracts too. Things seem to change when you state that you want to take the contract to your lawyer. I have gotten many discounts with my lawyer with me. Contracts not worded legally that can be broken in a court of law. Cha-ching..

But – I have other hobbies I have to afford besides KM.

Really? I never thought to use my lawyer to review a contract. MIght help me get outa my ballys contract. lol 😀

calicogirl

Do they not have a move clause that states that if you move into an area that there is not a gym within so many miles then you can cancel your contract?

chris

It really doesn’t seem that expensive to me when you compare it to what pretty much any gym charges for private lessons. In fact, I think Krav is a steal, especially if you take full advantage of how many classes you can go to.

I do understand about having an option to get out of the contract, though. Perhaps an option at 2 months to get out with some sort of penalty would actually be a popular option.

maskedkat

I pay 125 a month, and signed a 6-month contract. Worth every damn penny and then some. I’ve also gotten to attend specialty workshops (FAST, knife defense seminar) gratis. Although I’d like to think I’d be just as devoted to attending every class if it was \”pay as you go,\” I suspect that knowing I am paying whether I go or not helps me get my lazy ass to class on those days when I \”just don’t feel like it.\”

chris

Yeah, signing a contract that I’d join for a year helped me make a commitment to myself, that I would stick with the exercise. I’m very happy with the results.

bradm

Agree, after reconsidering – $126.00 a month for two people isn’t that bad. When I moved from Marietta, GA to Orlando area my contract transferred with me. The school here said they would honor it until it expired. Then they would re- negotiate considering their current rates. If I’m not mistaken, their going rate was around $125.00 a month for one person. And, being a TKD school, they only offered two Krav classes a week. Had their training been up to the standard I was use to and if more classes were offered, I may have considered paying their price. But, unfortunately, I had to quit.

chicochi

I’ve found that, when \”recruiting\” friends to come check out KM, many people are surprised by the cost per month. I never quite understand why people expect the monthly fee to be cheap. You’re paying to learn a skill, not just for access to gym equipment, and you are always in the presence of one or more instructors, who not only impart knowledge but motivate you to keep going. That, to me, is worth quite a lot.

Besides, what price can you put on the ability to save your own life?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: