Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums KM Techniques & Krav Maga Books Real Life Gun Defense! (News story & video)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    guerriere

A Bulgarian politician is giving a speech when an assassin jumps onto the stage, point a gun right at his temple, and then the assassin’s gun misfired. There was no chance for a second pull on the trigger because he redirects the gun and fights back!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2265002/Ahmed-Dogan-Heart-stopping-moment-man-pulls-gun-Bulgarian-opposition-leader-makes-speech-live-TV.html?ICO=most_read_module

After that, security guards and half the audience takes over taking down the bad guy. And if you think white-haired old guys won’t kick you in the head when you’re down, think again!

splatcat

Re: Real Life Gun Defense! (News story & video)

Wow. Looks to me like the Bulgarian politician was thinking “Is this a joke?” or “What’s going on?” in that first second. He’s probably lucky to be alive – although what happened there goes along with what I read here:

https://www.usconcealedcarry.com/ccm-columns/features/criminals-and-the-guns-they-carry/

The would-be assassin was a pretty big boy too – the politician would almost certainly be dead if he’d used one of his knives instead of that little mouse-gun! I wouldn’t be surprised to learn that he never even test-fired the gun to be sure that it worked.

catapult

I saw that on CNN this morning. I thought at the time that the old guy must have had at least some training. If the gun had worked he would have been dead before he ever saw it — there’s not much training can do about that. But as soon as he realized what was going on, he was pretty quick to redirect the fire and make some efforts at controlling the weapon. He for sure didn’t run away or cower like a little girl. 😉

I couldn’t get the video on that site to work but the one on CNN does.

guerriere

But on the CNN version you don’t see the decrepit old white-haired guy running up to whack him with his umbrella and kick him in the head! That was priceless!

I wondered about training because if he’s right-handed he did that with his non-dominant hand, plus he pushed the gun away from other people. Then he went on the attack right away. I was impressed.

guerriere

This video works for me, plus @1:03 you see the decrepit old white haired guy run up for his chance at the bad guy, and slo-mo at the end:
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/bulgaria/9814141/Bulgarian-would-be-assassin-thought-he-would-be-killed-during-attack.html

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: