Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums Personal Gear Discussion Recommended Footwear?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    celtickm

Hi,

I was just wondering from all of your experience doing KM what would you recommend in terms of footwear to train in?

I see on some sites some recommending wrestling\mat shoes and some recommend Onitsuka tigers which funnily enough I own already.

Any thoughts on this or links to some recommendations?

While we are on training attire I think I am going to get forearm protectors and possibly shin protectors. Do you normally where these kind of things whilst training?

Thanks for your input

stuartf

Re: Recommended Footwear?

I wear Adidas Combat Speed 3s I like them because they’re really light weight, and the mesh material doesn’t soak up a ton of sweat keeping them relatively odor free.

I don’t wear any kind of forearm protection, for shin guards I have the old version of the Revgear Defender (the old ones have a red center panel w/ a different logo design). I only wear them when doing kick defenses or sparring; I really like them. If you look around you may be able to find the old ones on clearance. I got mine for about $30 from a site that now only has the new ones for $70.

celtickm

Thanks Stewart, those Adidas look very cool, must check them out further online. The shin guards look like some serious piece of kit too!

Thanks

paco

I wear a pair of Adidas indoor soccer shoes. They work great as there is no large tread to trip me up like a cross trainer. They suck when we run outdoors as they are not designed for running on pavement.

Plus the soles more resemble she shape and rise of my dress shoes that I normally wear.

stanmc

Stuart, Do the Adidas allow your feet to properly pivot when kicking? I’ve read about some wrestling shoes causing a problem in that regard.

How do the shoes fit width-wise? Some reviews on Foot Locker seemed to suggest they might be a bit narrow.

I’m close to ordering a pair but would appreciate your input before I pull the trigger.

stuartf

quote StanMc:

Stuart, Do the Adidas allow your feet to properly pivot when kicking? I’ve read about some wrestling shoes causing a problem in that regard.

I haven’t had any trouble pivoting in them, I find they have a bit less grip on the mat than a cross-trainer or tennis shoe would because the leather wraps around to the bottom of the shoe with two rubber tread insets (one under the ball of the foot and the other under the heal).

quote StanMc:

How do the shoes fit width-wise? Some reviews on Foot Locker seemed to suggest they might be a bit narrow.

I have narrow feet, so they fit me well, but that’s just me. I’d say the width is about the same as a Converse All-Star if you’ve ever had a pair of those.

stanmc

Thanks for your help. I know nothing about wrestling shoes.

Converse All-Stars used to be a favorite of mine. I’m placing my order for the Adidas.

stanmc

My new shoes did great in class this morning. My feet, which were blistered and cut on Tuesday, felt much better today.

Thanks again, Stuart.

danielos

I wear the Adidas Tyrant shoes, great wrestling shoes to use for Krav Maga.

seraphs-coal

I ruined a pair of canvas rubber soled Volleys in a few weeks of training, I was planning to try Squash / Racquetball Sneakers instead, the increased side stitching would be of value yet the sneaker style would be also good for the Cardio Krav Fitness sessions the club does also. Having said that I might well go see if they have Wrestling shoes at the same time and try them both to see what the differences may be, cheers for a good suggestion!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: