Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums Krav Maga Videos Roy Elghanayan – ?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 31 total)
  • Author
    unstpabl1

Re: Roy Elghanayan – ?

quote Edub:

I trained with him as a member of a special forces unit called duvdavan, while i was doing basic training on the paratrooper’s base.
    He was a very hard (good) instructor! i learned a lot from him, and took a lot of punches and kicks from him.
    I’m new to this site, by the way. Hello all.

Just finished AAron Cohens’ book on the Duvdevan or his expirience

quote unstpabl1:

Just finished AAron Cohens’ book on the Duvdevan or his expirience

Not cool man – :angry: No review ??!!??:combat:

You gotta’ fill us in PLZ :):

Seriously, I’d like to hear about it. I read an interesting book not long ago called By Way of Deception, which is of course part of Duvdevan’s motto. This book however was a docu-drama which the movie Munich was based on. Former Mossad agent and such…….

CC

edub

Definitly unorthodox, even within the army he did stuff we knew he wasn’t allowed to do. But, after training i also found him very nice.
    By Itay, you mean Itay Gill, right? He also trained our unit toward the end of our training, in his facility under the stadium. I wonder if he remembers me, i was the only american in duvdavan.
    Itay was a great instructor, very animated, didn’t sugar coat anything, and he even spoke to me in english when i didn’t understand.

quote Edub:

Definitly unorthodox, even within the army he did stuff we knew he wasn’t allowed to do. But, after training i also found him very nice.
    By Itay, you mean Itay Gill, right? He also trained our unit toward the end of our training, in his facility under the stadium. I wonder if he remembers me, i was the only american in duvdavan.
    Itay was a great instructor, very animated, didn’t sugar coat anything, and he even spoke to me in english when i didn’t understand.

Hi Edub,

Yes, Itay Gil….. Roy and I are working on bringing him here (Arizona) sometime. Last I heard, from another member of our org. that he is considering joining our organization. It’s tough to work without backing here in the US. His skill should stand alone, but in the US it takes more than that to really be successful.

Are you in the US now?

CC

unstpabl1

quote Edub:

Roy was unorthodox? There is a youtube vid of itay training a civilian, looked like a great program

unstpabl1

quote Cottonwood-Combat:

Not cool man – No review ??!!??:combat:

You gotta’ fill us in PLZ

Seriously, I’d like to hear about it. I read an interesting book not long ago called By Way of Deception, which is of course part of Duvdevan’s motto. This book however was a docu-drama which the movie Munich was based on. Former Mossad agent and such…….

CC

You net punched me…now you want a reviewrofl2 Hey how come we don’t have a finger smiley:dunno:just wondering

I’m cautious of reviewing a book on SF stuff. You’ll like the book then find out there was a lot of bs. But I liked the book, read it in less than a day. Good krav stuff..you’ll enjoy itthumbsup

You might also like Gates Of Fire by Steven Pressfield. Its an historical novel about the Spartans…be a much better movie than 300, which I liked. About warriordhipthumbsup

2 reviews for the price of none:woohoo:

:box:Owed you thisrofl2

edub

quote Cottonwood-Combat:

Hi Edub,

Yes, Itay Gil….. Roy and I are working on bringing him here (Arizona) sometime. Last I heard, from another member of our org. that he is considering joining our organization. It’s tough to work without backing here in the US. His skill should stand alone, but in the US it takes more than that to really be successful.

Are you in the US now?

CC

true, skill itsself doesn’t make it big in america.
    I am in america now, Baltimore.
    Big Krav scene in Arizona?

quote Edub:

true, skill itsself doesn’t make it big in america.
    I am in america now, Baltimore.
    Big Krav scene in Arizona?

Sorry it took me so long to reply – I didn’t get an email letting me know someone had posted after me.

There are about 5 KMWW schools here – all in the Phoenix Valley and Tucson areas.

We now have 2 shops, one in the Verde Valley and another starting soon in Scottsdale.

Just got some good updates from Moshe and Sharir Richman @ Protect in Jerusalem. I haven’t heard from or spoken to Roy in a few months – I should give him a call…….

Take Care,
    CC

Hey Unstpbl1:

Thanks for the tips – I am an avid reader. I typically have 3-4 books going at a time.

See ya’

CC

unstpabl1

quote Cottonwood-Combat:

Hey Unstpbl1:

Thanks for the tips – I am an avid reader. I typically have 3-4 books going at a time.

See ya’

CC

You’ll enjoy both.Gates Of Fire is exceptional…I teach acting in the PHX couple times a year, sometimes a few weeks at a time or as long as a month…have to check you out next time in town. Stay way out in Mesa

fit82nd

Hi all. I’m new to the forums but thought I’d poke my head in.

I’ll be starting lessons with Roy tonight and don’t think I can add any more to what has already been said, for now. He’s definitely a nice guy, knowledgeable and is intent on actually training students.

Other places I looked into were more intent on fleecing students with silly fees and stuffing them into giant classes where there would be no personal interaction with instructors.

I’m an ex 82nd Airborne paratrooper and need someone who has experience in working with Military i.e. you tell me what to do and it’s done, rather than another Tybo workout class of stretching and warming up.

I’ve done my homework and have a good sense of people….this guy is the real deal.

fit82nd

SO I said I’d let everyone know how it went. It was great! Last night’s lesson almost got me to vomit. Haven’t had that sensation since my first day at the reception battalion. Roy is an awesome instructor but not for the faint of heart. He crams alot of stuff into each lesson but better yet allows the training to unfold like a story i.e. one element leads into another and another until it is a full blown defensive attack; kinda like wax on wax off…without the wax.

For any law enforcement here in Los Angeles; please go to Roy’s classes. I am not paid to say it, not encouraged to say it and don’t need to say it but with fewer cops on the streets you’re going to need the best training out there and the other places are NOT going to help you in the real world.

leejam99

I’m glad you’ve found a place to train Krav but why would you say the other places are NOT going to help you? its one thing to praise your experience with one instructor but lets not dismiss others without giving them the same opportunity.

fit82nd

quote leejam99:

I’m glad you’ve found a place to train Krav but why would you say the other places are NOT going to help you? its one thing to praise your experience with one instructor but lets not dismiss others without giving them the same opportunity.

The thing is lee I only put my stamp of approval on people I know are giving the real deal. I won’t post Roy’s whole Resume here, he can do that kind of leg work himself, but there is no denying his legitimacy.

Perhaps it’s a bit harsh to say that other places will not help you, at all. However, as I’ve seen other “instructors” giving incorrect instruction, which could get you hurt/killed, as well as their backgrounds being little more than being trained by another “Non Roy”….I must in good conscience advise taking a proper course with a proper instructor.

I’m an “old” soldier and in my day we trained with only the best, to be the best and not get hurt/killed. So while I could be PC and say ‘yeah, anything is better than nothing’…I won’t. I’m not trying to offend, really, just want everyone to go home safethumbsup

tko99

Sorry to revive an old thread. I remember reading about Roy Elghanyan a few years ago. He has grown his gym quite well (esp. when you take a look at the yelp reviews). Kudos to him being so successful in Culver City (John Whitman’s training center is also in Culver City). If his techniques in his demo videos work for him and his students, all the best. It’s not the Krav version I’ve been exposed to. So I’ll defer the critique to my more experienced instructors and peers.

I came across this clip on his 4th Degree Black Belt KM test: http://youtubemp4.website/watch/YmiO_Gv9v48 It appears that some of the people attacking him are his own students (wearing his gym’s yellow and orange shirts). That seems a bit interesting. Also, I noticed on another website that he was a “2x Krav Maga National Champion.” How does one become a national champion? I assume it was in Israel?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 31 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: