Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums Student Lounge Scrapbooking…Seriously???

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    miriam

Given the frequent use and reference to Senor Stafford’s wonderful quote, “This is Krav Maga, not scrapbooking,” I have to take a minute and relate this little incident.

After teaching the Sherman Oaks 9:30 bag class this morning, I was delighted, surprised and honored to receive from fellow instructor and friend Saruotoko (aka Mario), a birthday gift – along one of the absolute best tasting tiramisu cakes I’ve ever had!

However, as I excitedly tore into the nicely wrapped gift, my smile was quickly replaced by utter shock and dismay!

It was… gasp!… a SCRAPBOOKING KIT!!!! rofl2

All I could deduce from this not-so-subtle hint was that Mario just might be suggesting that at my age, I might consider taking up scrapbooking. However, my fear quickly dissipated as I remembered that – yes!! – Mario is in fact a full 2 years and 15 days OLDER than I am.

So if anyone’s gonna be taking up scrapbooking first, I give a nod to the older gentleman who hails from the big state of Texas. :wav:

mara-jade

Re: Scrapbooking…Seriously???

Dang, that was nice of him..I think??rofl2

saruotoko

Wow….it wasn’t enough that she said I was older than her…she had to throw in the exact number of days, too?!? lol

Oh, and Mara….I made sure she saw how delicious the cake looked before she opened the gift, just in case I was within her striking distance and she failed to see the ‘humor’ in the scrapbooking kit. 😉

Mario

miriam

quote saruotoko:

Oh, and Mara….I made sure she saw how delicious the cake looked before she opened the gift, just in case I was within her striking distance and she failed to see the ‘humor’ in the scrapbooking kit. 😉

Right! So I’d see it was such a beautiful work of pastry perfection, that I’d refrain from smashing it in your face!!! LOL!! (kidding, Mario)

And by the way, it was great for breakfast this morning! Ugh…now I’m gonna have to take Jarret’s bag class tonight to work it off.

ericajow

Ah, but Miriam, if you could have seen the care and effort that he took wrapping the scrapbooking kit in that beautiful Elmo paper with the “help” of our obnoxious, curious kitten … Lol!!!

And btw, we really appreciated you sharing that delicious cake w/ us at the First Aid cert!!

miriam

I completely know what you mean, Erica! Wrapping gifts with a cat in the house is the one of the more challenging coordination tests. Just wait for Christmas with your lil’ Max & Mara!!

I was glad everyone ate some of the cake the other day. I can only imagine what the result would have been if I’d taken it home —> (There’s no smiley for a person who’s nauseous from eating too much cake, so just imagine one right here): ___.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: