Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums General KM Related Topics Self Defence for Children

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    seraphs-coal

The debate seems to rage all over the internet about the prefered type of martial arts for differnet people and even between differnet schools of the same martial art training. Trying to put aside all the bias that tends to come with it, what do you think would be an
    appropriate Martial Art or Self Defence Training System for children to learn?

In my city there are two Krav centres and neither of them allow under 16yro’s to participate. I am not sure if this is the same across Krav training centres or not, but is just my experience here.

Anyway, any thoughts you have would be much appreciated, I have two small children who I hope will follow me into Krav one day, but in the meantime it would be good to find something that might be a good bridge into it to begin with.

kevinmack

Re: Self Defence for Children

more kids train Krav Maga in Israeli schools than adults.

jjbklb

quote KevinMack:

more kids train Krav Maga in Israeli schools than adults.

That being the case,then why isn’t a version of Krav being offered for children??

don

http://kravmaga-kids.com/

It is amusing that I read this thread a day or two ago; my 5 year old son was doing wristlocks on me yesterday when we were wrestling. I had been trying to show him how to do it and let up, because he wouldn’t do it. I gently locked his wrist once or twice yesterday while we were playing and he came at me, grab my hand locked me up. Daddy is so proud!

mara-jade

quote jjbklb:

That being the case,then why isn’t a version of Krav being offered for children??

Honestly, it depends on the center and the program does exist. A center just may not be offering it for whatever reason.

revobuzz

My instructor (KMG) does a kids class.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: