Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums General KM Related Topics Self-Defense Against Zombies

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    guerriere

A belated April Fool’s link for you:

http://www.fvza.org/zdefense.html

anonymous

Zombies, huh? Have you been drinking again Guerriere? 😕

But seriously, this is nothing new, we have been doing zombie drills at the NTC for years! We basically have several infected students try to catch a healthy one by walking toward him and touch him with their outstretched arms. The healthy student defends by pushing the zombie’s arms out of the way and thus making him walk into a different direction.

He also tries to stay out of the middle (which is also important when fighting living people). So, I have to say, the multiple zombie drill on that website looked kind of dangerous to me, because the victim stayed right in the middle, surrounded by all of those zombies with no way to escape.

So, people, if you want real zombie defenses, no BS, sign up for Krav classes now!!!!

leftie79

That’s a funny link Guerriere!

Giantkiller–I like your reply.

Yeah, zombie drill is always fun to do. Especially when you add fighting to it instead of the basic \”zombie walk.\”

clfmak

It always bothered me that in any Resident Evil game, you couldn’t attack if you didn’t have a weapon with ammo… You know you have a problem when you shout at your TV, saying things like \”Elbow!\”, \”Chin jab!\”, \”Butt stroke!\”\”Pistol whip him!\”\”Bronco kick that zombie who’s pretending to be dead!\”, \”His knee is vulnerable- kick it!\”
    or
    \”Dammit, Leon, don’t use reverse grip slashes! Use the tip of the knife, you fool!\”

As far as those vampires go- Impaling them with a micrphone stand seems to work well.
    That’ll be all for my obscure references for today.

guerriere

GK, what level covers zombie defense? If I ever get to LA I’ll try to check it out.

I’ve found the index-fingers-in-a-cross blocking defense to be effective against vampires, but of course it won’t work if he isn’t looking directly at you. If one catches you by surprise and starts biting your neck, the traditional choke defense works, but you’re grabbing the face instead of the hands. Of course you have to finish the rest of the defense and get away before you pass out from blood loss. Afterward, run to the biggest window or door and let in the daylight, thus blinding him and making him shrivel up.

Fortunately, vampires seem not to have learned how to disarm stake-wielding teenaged girls despite hundreds of years of afterlife in a state of undeadness, so it’s a safe bet they won’t be able to counter your defense moves.

la-revancha

We’ve done zombie drills in fight class. I’ve done more benign versions when I used to teach D&T back in the day. Come to class and you’ll likely see it sometime 😯 .

Essentially, its for spatial awareness and preventing a hostile mob from engrossing you.

anonymous

Hey Guerriere!!

We at Krav Maga are prepared for anything and so we start doing zombie defenses probably from level 1 or 2 on and also in fighting class. As a matter of fact, you wouldn’t believe how many zombie infected students there are at the NTC (oops, I hope John won’t be mad at me for disclosing this type of explosive and highly sensitive information!) and so these kinds of defenses really come in handy.

Hope you’ll visit the NTC soon, but don’t park in the parking garage, that’s where they hang out sometimes, hiding behind pillars and walls and such…..

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: