Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums Student Lounge Shooting in Colorado Movie Theater

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    jacgue36

Re: Shooting in Colorado Movie Theater

quote Don:

I don’t really have a problem with an average joe owning guns and body armor. That being said, one big problem can be trying to figure out who the whackos and scumbags are within the group of average looking joes. I’m for arming citizens but would prefer that they go through a background/character/common sense check and proper training.

I agree that we should put all the safeguards that we can in place to make sure these things don’t get into the wrong hands but the unfortunate reality is that the ‘bad guys’ and whackos don’t play by the rules. IF they want a handgun, body armor, assault rifles or want info on how to build a bomb, they will buy it, steal it, kill for it, research it or whatever, to get what they want. It happens everyday!!

The only thing I can control is my level of preparedness and mindset.

quote jacgue36:

The only thing I can control is my level of preparedness and mindset.

I feel like that’s where our society is going wrong. Naturally, there are points in our days/lives where we’re vulnerable and can’t control that, but personal responsibility and accountability are being removed from the suspect AND the victim at an alarming rate. Some states don’t allow citizens to take responsibility for their own active defense, and they must rely on passive measures such as “I hope I don’t get robbed in my house tonight.”

kmyoshi

I agree wholeheartedly with your sentiments Timmy. I think it is total BS that we even have to worry about getting robbed or shot or whatever violent crime that may be and have to resort to taking self defense classes and possibly even getting a concealed weapons permit.

I don’t think it is BS to worry about getting robbed or shot, I think it is BS to have to worry that you won’t be able to defend yourself because local/state/federal laws prevent you from carrying, or using in a practical manner, the tools you need to defend yourself and your family. I know that crime will happen, and I know most of them are going to wait until I make myself vulnerable. So at best, I avoid those situations, carry a firearm where I can and hope that I don’t have to suffer through a civil suit from the assailant’s family if I have to use it.

unstpabl1

I think most people in the gun debate think it’s ok for them to have guns but not you…Like the star who comes out antigun then turns out they have a ccw I probably can’t get. Not to mention the armed guy walking with them

i remember on set one night the female star with the stalker ranting about antigun and me and her armed 2 tour in Astan Ateam bodyguard are just smiling at each other. I walked up to him a bit later and asked if he wanted to bet paychecks she’s got a gun in her purse

gun laws are a tough subject because people do stupid **** all the time, like shooting each other over koolaid and parking spaces or spraying pepper spray to get an Xbox at xmas…then again because they do stupid **** I deserve the ability to protect myself

don

I think politicians, lawyers, judges, etc are really good at making rules for other people but exempting themselves from those same rules and/or making decisions that will never affect them but will affect the hell out of regular people…

catapult

quote Don:

Dunno about that. More people might go out and buy guns. Or they may stay home more…

Yup, they said on the news tonight that gun sales are way up in the area. Shrug.

unstpabl1

quote Don:

I think politicians, lawyers, judges, etc are really good at making rules for other people but exempting themselves from those same rules and/or making decisions that will never affect them but will affect the hell out of regular people…

Yep!!!!

I learned a lesson at 16. Worked in a grocery store in the late 70’s. I use to love catching shoplifters. We busted a very prominent judge one night that almost caused a race riot with over $500 worth of meat in her car…The next day we were kinda suprised that none of the media had covered this. We were however told that night before leaving work to come to a madatory meeting later that day..we thought we were going to get some sort of reward or something

The next day the owner of the chain and the head of the states Democratic Party innformed us that we were not to say a word about this to anyone. It didn’t happen. if we did we would be terminated..and the tone of the meeting was as if we screwed up….see it turned out this person had some things going for them. Female judge, leader in the black community and big in the state Democratic party

It was swept away…..I moved from that state and didn’t pay attention to its politics but many years later I discovered this woman went on to become STATE TREASURER for a long time. Wonder what happened to some of the broke azz people we busted

Still pisses me off decades later

kmyoshi

quote unstpabl1:

…. Still pisses me off decades later

Please write a “Tell All” about this said judge… it would probably be a #1 bestseller. Besides, are they going to “terminate” you now?… or are they talking about another type of terminate? :dunno::D:

unstpabl1

quote KMyoshi:

Please write a “Tell All” about this said judge… it would probably be a #1 bestseller. Besides, are they going to “terminate” you now?… or are they talking about another type of terminate? :dunno::D:

LOL no they can’t terminate anymore almost 40 years later …but no way to prove what I’ve said

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: