Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    lions2011

After over 70 hours of level 1 training I am finally getting sick of it. I decided not to take the level 1 test last week so I Am stuck for another 4 months.
    Are school has a combined level 2-3 program next. I can start it in the fall.

I did not take the level 1 test because I thought I needed another few months of training to improve but all the people who have taken half has many classes as me all jumped to level 2-3 except me.

Oh well , back to the groin kicks and palm strikes for now. I will be the best level 1 student in the school for sure.

I Am starting muay Thai next week so I cant wait. I wish unstop was here to train me in private lessons first lol

My question is. It seems that many students after only 30-40 classes jump out of level 1. I think this is not enough classes . How long did you stay.

don

Re: Sick of level 1

Holy Vacillation Batman!

Maybe you should sit down and think about things and then talk to your instructors…

The curriculum is designed for the student to move to level 2 after 30-40 classes. All of the things that are done in level one are refined in upper levels, you don’t just all of a sudden stop doing level one techniques because you promote. The reason the curriculum is designed this way is because people get bored and stale after four months of the same thing and drift away from the system. You need to consult your primary instructor before making any decisions regarding promotion. They will know better than you if you are ready or not.

I have read your posts over the last several months and noticed that you like to make broad statements regarding Krav, your opinion of Krav, what you think your training should be, how other systems that you’ve never trained in would stack up, etc. You also like to ask questions even though you intend to disregard the answers given if they don’t match what “you” think. Here’s the deal… Nobody cares what you think. You have neither the knowledge or experience to make a judgement regarding just about anything having to do with the system. Train more, post less. Posters like you are the reason most expert level practitioners and Black Belt level Instructors avoid this board like the plague. I would heartily recommend that you do not post a reply to this post… Train more, post less.

lions2011

I do train about 4 times a week. Only post a tad. If you do not like my posts then do not respond. Your opinion is zero concern to me.

resqr1

quote lions2011:

I do train about 4 times a week. Only post a tad. If you do not like my posts then do not respond. Your opinion is zero concern to me.

Jeremy’s opinion SHOULD mean A LOT to a level 1 who seems afraid to test out then whines about it. You might want to take a step back, learn some humility and show some respect. Otherwise you are nothing but a keyboard warrior.

cjs-dad
    Keymaster

quote lions2011:

Your opinion is zero concern to me.

Pity, as his opinion means a great deal to me. In fact I’d go so far as to say he’s one of the very few people I’d trust my families lives to.

You’re talking about a Krav Maga Black belt, Force Training instructor, school owner, published author with numerous columns, decorated war hero, decorated police officer not to mention a close personal friend.

So yeah his opinion SHOULD matter.

Your way out of line, I’m going to enjoy watching your exit.

unstpabl1

quote lions2011:

Wow. You do know how to step in the crap LOL

If you recall in your earlier posts on this subject the forum basically told you this would be the case.. Jeremy explained the purpose of L1 here as did other “instructors” as did other students ( I did too)in the earlier threads. You decided you knew better and you ended up here.

The thing is you asked for advice from those who’ve gone before you, then decided their “OPINIONS OF OF ZERO CONCERN TO YOU”. But you asked for them to begin with on open forum!!!!! And now your asking the same question again. Even w/o saying this your posts tend to say “I got this all figured out and you instructors don’t got a clue.

Your not paying attention to the responses your getting or aren’t getting how you are being percieved online or why.

You do realize that in the 2 threads you posted today that almost everyone but me who responded to you were Force Instructors. These aren’t guys dealing in theory of violence. they and their students wade in it daily. And they are emersed in RBSD enough that they look at and understand other systems such as boxing, MT MMA etc

I come here and listen to them even though I have no plans on doing krav anymore. Because they’ve taught me a ton in the past. And yes we’ve disagreed at times over the years BUT I would never totally DISMISS their opinions because they are experts and I’m the fat wheezing guy hitting the bag in the corner. Respect is earned not just given. I respect them because they earned it and they at least respect me enough to answer my questions and read my ramblings because I treat them respectfully and am willing to learn…I’m a guest here even more than most because again I don’t do krav;):

I’m glad CJ’s Dad posted who Jeremy is so I don’t have to, but i personally think he under sold Jeremy. ;o). I met Jeremy one nite when Sean invited me to train. Watched his class as we were bull****ting after. Intense is an understatement.Great instructor. I PM’d him one time about a shooting class he was teaching that I couldn’t attend for future info…in our conversations I walked away thinking I would trust this guy to teach me how to shoot….I can’t think of many people I’d trust to do that…which is probably why I haven’t learned yetrofl2

Lion’s, i posted to you originally because I get your enthusiasm on this stuff but
    you seem very confused on where you belong in this and what your end game is. I hope you find your way. but understand your pissing off the guys your asking for help from by dismissing their efforts to help you. It takes time out of their lives to post here and it’s not like your paying for the service

Good luck> Hope you enjoy the new class next week

:beer:
    Mike

ryan

I tell you what, I’ll pay for a private level 1 test for you, so you don’t have to wait four more months. Jeremy (or Don or Sean), send me an email so we can arrange the test for Lions. I’m happy to cover your time.

markx3

I would pay to watch that test! Can we youtube it? My level 1 test was the hardest test I’ve taken including Phase A, and IKMF instructor training. Mainly because of the stress involved since it was my first test, not knowing if I would pass, etc.

See what happens …

Respect deserves respect.

Disrespect deserves disrespect.

Enjoy your day getting your ass kicked. :D:

Hell yeah youtube that one !!! :abx:

Don’t forget to bring over the KM guys from Israel that train much more hardcore and are immersed in violence daily to teach this little lion of judah a lesson in KRAV MAGA !!!rofl2

A consortium of Americans and Israelis pummelling Lions2011, now that would be funny to watch him scream like a girl on youtube as rubber knives, no wait better electric stun knives chase him around the padded room and there is no escape in frightening and lightening quick hand to hand fighting. thumbsup

quote JewishFitness1976:

A consortium of Americans and Israelis pummelling Lions2011, now that would be funny to watch him scream like a girl on youtube as rubber knives, no wait better electric stun knives chase him around the padded room and there is no escape in frightening and lightening quick hand to hand fighting. thumbsup

I think he was berrated enough a few posts ago. I, for one, would not participate in the scene you described to punish someone for internet disrespect. Maintain the moral high-ground.

Mentoring has occured. Timmy is right, let’s move on. Although Ryan, I’d test anyone for you bro!

ryan

My offer was sincere. Lions, if you want the test, I’ll make it happen. You can email me at [email protected].

Thanks, Stafford!

admin-d45
    Keymaster

Ok all you villagers you can put away your torches, no ones being burned at the stake today.

Lions I hope you take something positive away from the responses.

bear34

quote lions2011:

I am surprised that you have lasted 70 classes. Great attitude.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: