Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums General KM Related Topics Splinter Cell – Krav Reference

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    kmtakinkm

Reading Splinter Cell – Operation Barracuda. It’s a Tom Clancey \”creation\” – authored by David Michaels.

Was pleasently surprised to see this top NSA field agent, Sam Fisher, uses Krav when he takes the bad guys down H2H. Plenty of references to his class in Mayland and techniques he uses – eg using an ax kick and he cites a tenent of Krav to use whatever is available like dirt/snow to the eyes to gain advantage.

Wondered if anyone inside the NTC was consulted for the book or if the author was a Krav person?

Note – sorry if this has been discussed before but I could not find any reference using the search mode.

anonymous

Is that a new book? Where can I find it in the bookstore (what section)?

kravmdjeff

It’s not a book…it’s a video game.

I had a teenage student sign up specifically because of that reference

kmtakinkm

It is a book base on the game – it says based on Ubisoft’s bestselling game, on the back cover You can find it in paperback in any bookstore. I bought it in an airport for $7.99.

Not a bad book so far.

I think this is the second book in the series. The first was just called Spinter Cell.

Good luck

kravmdjeff

I post corrected.

dkst

Strange, I just bought the book, in an airport. Really cool, I own the game, but haven’t played it for a long time, I might have to pull it out. It was to dam hard, but now that I know KM maybe it will be easier. There is something about KM women.

anonymous

Is there any KM in the game, or just in the book? Hey, maybe we should have someone create a KM video game. The more thugs you beat, the more points you get! 😀

waakocethi

ha haaaaaaa this is great ! I read the fisrt SC book which got me doing research online about KM and it was all over since. The books are very good in my opinion. I’m glad to see others read those books too, cause when I told my instructor and a couple of students how I came to find out about the style they kinda looked at me like huh? ok then.
    lol
    oh well i’m in it now and its fun.
    see ya round

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: