Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums KM Techniques & Krav Maga Books Stick against the throat from the front pinned

Viewing 7 posts - 31 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • Author
    giant-killer

Okay, I can picture it now. I was just thinking the elbow may be straight, because there is an armlock done sometimes in other moves/defenses, where the attacker’s arm is straight and then pressure is applied to the elbow, forcing the attacker straight down. I thought it may be something like that.

By the way, if the most instinctive motion is to pluck down the stick by the neck, maybe it would be possible to relieve just enough pressure to then go for groin kicks, weakening the opponent and making it possible to get off the wall without needing to make another pluck at the side. But it may require too much strength.

psyops

GK,

Your last point is bang on. That’s my girl! The groin kicks will help you create even more space. Remember you have an advantage. The attacker has no idea that you will resisit. Before he realizes whats happened his balls should be traveling up through his body and out the top of his head. A man made Volcano!BTW if too close for groin kicks, knees work too. Remember the high/low principle!

giant-killer

\”Man made volcano\”? 😯 😆 That’s a good image, I’ll keep that in mind… 😉

psyops

GK,

Just for fun we messed around with this last night in class. A pluck and kick works fine. Also our defense for the choke from the front with push, pinned against wall also works. Using the same defense of extending arm and rotating along the wall works fine as well. This attack is not very sound at all. The attacker has no way of defending himself at all with both hands on the stick!

giant-killer

We tried the rotational choke defense as well when we did this, but some guys seemed to have trouble getting their beefy arms through the opening between the stick and the wall. 🙂 Also, that defense would be less instinctive.

When you did the pluck, did you pluck the stick straight down the front, similar to regular choke defense, or did turn your head and pluck on one side, more as in headlock? Seemed that plucking straight down is harder to do, but maybe it can give enough space for some good counters. Plucking on one side is stronger, but leaves you in a less advantageous position for counters.

psyops

Actually,

I tried it both ways and it worked. Also we played with plucking the attackers forearms instead of the stick. The stick always rolled away from the throat. This done with a groin kick at the same time will be more than enough.

giant-killer

So, you plucked the forearms to the side, as you would the hands in regular choke defense? Seems like an interesting idea, too, if we’ll work on this again I’ll try it out.

Viewing 7 posts - 31 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: