Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums Student Lounge Street Fighter means No Skill

Viewing 11 posts - 31 through 41 (of 41 total)
  • Author
    unstpabl1

Re: Street Fighter means No Skill

quote vwr32:

Maybe my methods of persuasion are finally working…

Maybe its V is always right smiley psychological warfare or I’m weak from 3 days of fighting with the san soo guys on line 🙂

vwr32

quote unstpabl1:

Maybe its V is always right smiley psychological warfare or I’m weak from 3 days of fighting with the san soo guys on line 🙂

Or maybe, you’re finally accepting the truth!

bow1 Now how can u argue with this evidence?

unstpabl1

quote vwr32:

Or maybe, you’re finally accepting the truth!

bow1 Now how can u argue with this evidence?

You Formed your own church? I bet it gets lonely in the choir 🙂

vwr32

quote unstpabl1:

You Formed your own church? I bet it gets lonely in the choir 🙂

yeah well, that’s why i spend so much time here lol

jjk

quote vwr32:

If a non-street fighter who calls himself a street fighter wins against someone with skill, are they then considered a streetfighter? Does victory define the title, or location of the fight and absence of rules?

Nope, neither. I’d call them “lucky”, or “in the right place at the wrong time”.

I think the thing that defines a “street fighter” is fighting in the street often. Or (since this thread) training in the street. If some girl picks up a pipe and beats her assailant, that doesn’t make her a street fighter.

vwr32

quote jjk:

If some girl picks up a pipe and beats her assailant, that doesn’t make her a street fighter.

Unless she does it all the time right? You said frequency defines the title, I’m assuming gender isn’t a factor. I would probably grant the title of “street fighter” to a woman who utilized the environment and grabbed the pipe in selfdefense before simply labeling someone with a bad attitude and a few fights under his belt. Even if it was her first fight.

unstpabl1

I really don’t get it, JJK. Why is it so important to you to define a streetfighter at all? And then to label him as someone who lacks any skill. How does that serve you? Is it because your friend puts down that you have the discipline and pride to show up and train, to take care of your body and improve yourself? If you lose to a guy with no training does it diminish your training?

Some people actually like hurting others, some so angry they don’t give a crap, so they act out on those feelings. They fight alot and some train and some get away with their natural attributes. Eventually, the run into someone bigger and badder.

It just seems your creating a limiting belief about the badasses in the world. No self defense system or training can guarantee you victory in the streets. Its to chaotic! All one has to do is look at all the underdogs who weren’t as skilled as their opponents who’ve won in the UFC.

As to your girl with the pipe scenario: Would you consider her more of a streetfighter than the BB who freezes when attacked?

How about this. If a ring fighter fights in the ring, a cagefighter fights in a cage, a prizefighter fights for a prize, then maybe a streetfughter fights in the street, with no refs or rules for survival or to prove himself. What his level of training is depends on him

giant-killer

Nice picture vw!! I was skeptical at first when I saw the smiley, but man, that definitely proves everything. Hail vwr32!! bow1 rofl2

vwr32

quote Giant Killer:

Hail vwr32!!

(strong, silent response)

giant-killer

I’m ready to slaughter sheeps for you… bow1

vwr32

rofl

Viewing 11 posts - 31 through 41 (of 41 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: