Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums Locations Tampa School

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    rooney359

Could anyone tell me anything about the Daimyo Martial Arts in Tampa. Just looking for anything like reputation, what exactly the teach, ect.

Thanks

loozcannon

Daimyo

They are a nice school for Krav. Most of their money at every location is teaching kids. The instructor is nice. Downside is getting a contract. But instruction quality is outstanding.

It says you’re in Pinellas county. I lived there to when I went there, and lemme tell ya, it is one heckuva drive, you’re talking about 40 minutes each way. So be prepared to have gas money! 😀

Looz

bradm

A few months back I was visiting in Tampa and checked out one of their schools in the Wesley Chaple area. There was a Karate Black Belt at the desk but could not give me any information on their Krav program. He said he was pretty new there so I can understand if he didn’t know much about the Krav program. He said I would have to come back and talk to the owner when he came in. I didn’t have time so I left my name and number and asked if he could have the owner contact me to fill me in on his Krav program. I still haven’t heard from them. I did try calling back a couple days later to speak to the owner but he was not in.

It is obvious they have a big children’s program. It appeared they had some sort of after school babysitting program or something. I was there about 3:00 or so in the afternoon and the place was overran with children – pretty wild and noisy too.

But, if I’m in the area again I’ll stop by that school and try to get some more information on their Krav program and maybe take a class. I don’t want my first impression to lead me to belive they don’t have a good program. After reading loozcannon’s reply, they probably do have a good program.

rooney359

Thanks for your input n/m

jkbk b

loozcannon

Yeah, Daimyo has a school in Land O’Lakes/Lutz area, that’s the one I attended. There’s also one in Carrollwood.

And Brad is right, their bank comes from kids programs. They do have adult karate programs as well as Krav. The Karate instructors may not necessarily know about the Krav programs. When you call, ask for Steve. They also have a website you can visit for more info.

All in all I’d recommend it. I didn’t have any problems with the school, I just stopped going there because I couldn’t afford the monthly fees at the time.

Looz

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: