Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    sicpuppy

Testing last night was HELL for FIVE hours!!!

It started at 6pm, and finished at 11:15pm. It was fully two hours before the first 30 second hydration break! I sucked down a ton of gatorade and water! In fact, now that I think about it, I downed 2 quarts of water and a bottle of Gatorade, and I didn’t pee the whole night!

Combatives were exhausting, but once we got to the defensives, things got a bit easier (if easy can be said about any part of this test.)

I totally brain farted during the Kickboxing and Kicking combinations parts… it was at the end of testing and I was a bit ‘frazzled’… lol

I have been training the kickboxing for 10 months and even at home with my daughter (who also tested last night) so I know the sets and combinations. But I just could not remember a thing and kept messing up the sets.

This was just Level 1 testing, but I now seriously fear Level 2 testing… lol

I should find out in a week or two if I passed I reckon.

Oh, and after last night, hell doesn’t look quite so bad anymore… lol

stevem174

Re: Tested last night

Sounds like a “fun” night! Hopefully you will get good news soon. How many people were testing?

mara-jade

Congrats man!:beer: Sounds like you had the ‘fun’ hubby and I had on Level 1-we were sore for like 2-3 days! We slept like 5 hours after we got home and had dinnerrofl2

sicpuppy

Things did not go so well for me… :(:

During my testing, I was also fighting a hurt lower back and severe sciatica down my left leg.

So, I was not able to bend as much as I should have, nor could I do the kicks as well as I should have. This lost me many points, as well as my kickboxing screw-up. :banghead:

As far as the kickboxing, I went back a few days later and went through all the sets and combos with no problems as I have for months. I am really confused as to why I could not remember them during testing. I have been in many, much more stressful situations in my career/life and always performed the way I should have. :confused:

Oh well, I am not quite Level 2 yet, and require further evaluation over the next month or so. But, my instructor knew I have been fighting with a bad back and my leg for the past couple of months, so he is taking that into consideration I guess. We shall see. :dunno:

sicpuppy

quote stevem174:

Sounds like a “fun” night! Hopefully you will get good news soon. How many people were testing?

14 people tested including myself. 12 passed. 1 failed (and I haven’t seen him in class since), and I require more evaluation.

But, on the good side, my daughter passed!! YAY!!! :beer:

jacgue36

Don’t quit!

but don’t injure yourself permanently! That wouldn’t be worth it either!

mara-jade

Re: Don’t quit!

quote jacgue36:

but don’t injure yourself permanently! That wouldn’t be worth it either!

I totally agree. My hubby and I had to postpone testing for over a year on Level 3 to due to real life and injuries. It’s great to make that accomplishment but no one’s rushing you:beer:

jjbklb

quote SicPuppy:

Things did not go so well for me… :(:

During my testing, I was also fighting a hurt lower back and severe sciatica down my left leg.

So, I was not able to bend as much as I should have, nor could I do the kicks as well as I should have. This lost me many points, as well as my kickboxing screw-up. :banghead:

As far as the kickboxing, I went back a few days later and went through all the sets and combos with no problems as I have for months. I am really confused as to why I could not remember them during testing. I have been in many, much more stressful situations in my career/life and always performed the way I should have. :confused:

Oh well, I am not quite Level 2 yet, and require further evaluation over the next month or so. But, my instructor knew I have been fighting with a bad back and my leg for the past couple of months, so he is taking that into consideration I guess. We shall see. :dunno:

I had the same thing happen with my back on my second go-around for my level 1 test.
    Immediately after testing,I had to lay flat on the workout floor for about 20 minutes before attempting to stand again.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: